Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    music.life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 10:14 AM
    Does he still like me? Please help me?
    Please read the whole story and truthful answers are apprecieated!:
    This guy who's really shy admitted to me that he liked me last year, except he didn't say "I like you", he said "I love you from the bottom of my heart." I told him I didn't like him back, but that we would still be friends. According to him, I was giving him signs that I liked him (which I don't think I did and I do not like him more than a friend). Anyway, he barely talks to anyone and I am one of his 4 friends. So, last year he essentially stalked me, he had good intentions, but they turned out creepy. He followed me around at a dance, stopped by my locker everyday with no conversation except for "hey". But, he's a really nice guy, but I dot think he ever got the message. He keeps like asking me to go to his birthday party (which is me, him, and his family-awkward for me, considerig what happened last time with the whole "you like me back, right?") and hang out so that he can play guitar for me. It was really awkward, and on the band bus I got trapped next to him in a middle seat. I feel really bad, but I really don't want to hurt him any more than I already have. Any help is appreciated!
    The "i love you from the bottom of my heart" was when I knew he liked me, but I don't know if he does a year later. Most of above was from when I was sure he liked me more than a friend.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2011, 11:50 AM
    I guess I'm not seeing the problem here. Tell him you want to be his friend but are not in love with him. Tell him once or twice or as many times as it takes to get through to him. Tell him the same thing when he asks you to events.

I'd guess he thinks he's picking up signs OR he wouldn't follow you around for a year, unless he's a demented stalker.

The whole "from the bottom of my heart" sounds a little strange to me, but maybe he's an emotional guy.
    abcdefghijk123 Posts: 99, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2011, 06:03 PM
    IDK. But if I were you I would give it a chance and ask him out.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Nov 23, 2011, 02:52 PM
    Agreeing with JudyKayTee on this one. There doesn't seem to be much of an issue other than you not wanting to hurt him. Tell him that you are not interested in him, but would like to be friends. If he is hurt by that, that is not in your control.

I was luckily given the following advice early on (about relationships):
    "You cannot control the way other people feel, think or react."

It is solid advice. You say what you need to say, communicate the best you can, and then it is up to the other person to handle it in their own way. (But I understand what you mean, feeling like you are hurting someone sucks. . But you have to be true to yourself).

(member abcdefghijk123... did you read the article?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search