Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OkrOable Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 09:53 PM
    I think its called necrophobia? Please help
    I have an intense fear/ phobia of my mom dying. She isn't sick or dying or anything but I always worry and fear about her dying. She's the most important person in my life and I'm really really scared about her dying whether its next month or many years from now. She's not 50 yet but I cry all the time when I think about losing her and I can't not think about it. I've tried. Is there a way I can ease this fear/phobia? I don't want to worry and cry every night, worrying about the day she dies and how ill handle it and all. I've already talked to her about it and all she said was well one day I have to die but well just cherish our memories together. And I already know all that and I do cherish our moments but I still can't help but be scared and be worried and cry about it. Please tell me there's a way to ease this fear. Im also scared of dying myself but not as much as I fear for her. Help please!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 10:07 PM
    Have you ever considered looking for and meeting with a counselor who can help you sort through all these issues you have? -- depression, closing yourself up on your room with the drapes closed, fear of dying, not getting the right vitamins or eating the best foods?

Should I adopt you?

Nov 6, 2011, 10:17 PM
    Hahaha I'm kind of a screwball aren't I? XD and yes I've thought about it but I don't really have the money for a councelor
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Woo hoo! Of course, you can't slither out of this by saying you don't have money for a counselor.

Many of them will take clients on a sliding scare. Check with your county human services department or even go to the public library's reference department and ask for a list of area counselors who work off a sliding scale.

Would your mother fund you somehow? Perhaps if you do special chores for her, she will pay you and then you can use that money to pay a counselor?

I would ask for as little as $5 a session when I was a renegade counselor doing home visits. (A client MUST pay something or he won't value the counseling.) At Catholic Charities, our base price was $25 and we negotiated from there. I'm sure you are clever enough to find a good counselor you can afford.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2011, 10:54 PM
    Your assignment: Find two reputable counselors in your area who work off a sliding scale.

You have two days to find them. You don't have to meet with either of them; just find them. Please report back by Tuesday.

(I was going to give you only one day, but I am feeling generous.)

Oh, one more thing: Open your drapes during the daytime.

Nov 7, 2011, 12:44 AM
    Thank you so much. Not only are you helping me but you're making me laugh. You've been a HUGE help and I really appreciate it! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the movie called called? [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie about a family that move to a new house that used to be owned by a man i think his name was dayle but i can't remember. 'Dayle' was in jail, im not sure what it was for but i think he was a murderer. When the family move into the house he gets out of jail and i think...

Do you know what this name is called? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, about 7-8 years ago, I came across a CD-ROM for computer with about 10 demo games on it. One of them was Pharaoh, but the game I need the name of is... I'll try to describe it the best way possible: You start with your castle and a Tax collector. You have no control of your characters. It is...

I called him [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I broke up about a month ago- I've called him 5 times since then- once after I received a missed call from him which actually was him accidentally dialing me from his pocket- I was really upset as this was just after an exam also which I had a really hard time studying for because of the...

View more questions Search