Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KEITHSCHAEFER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Help with honeywell zone valve v8043e1012
    Two days ago my plumber moved my thermostat to a new position in our lower level (in-floor radiant). 36 hours later the temp had dropped 10 degrees. When looking at the zone valve (honeywell v8043e1012) the motor (a replacement) was very hot and when I pulled it off it keep running as long as the thermostat was above the room temp. I then checked the other five valves and one motor was even hotter than the first. I disconnected that motor and it also keep running until I disconnected the yellow wire.

My question is are these motors supposed to keep running or do they open the valve then stop? Are these two motors wired incorrectly?

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace boiler{ Honeywell} zone valve [ 6 Answers ]

Honeywell 40004850-001 isn't working. The lever to manually open valve freely moves back and forth. What do I need to do to replace this valve?

Honeywell zone valve seems stuck open [ 19 Answers ]

I manually opened one of my home's five Honeywell zone valves (V8043E-1012) by mistake. I meant to open a different valve. The one I opened had its thermostat set to its lowest temp setting, as it controls heat to a space I hardly ever heat. The next day the valve was still in the open position...

Honeywell zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

What does the "manual" position of the Honeywell 4000 4850 001 zone valve do? Does it by pass the thermostat and not operate the valve so that the valve stays closed all the time?

Honeywell zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

The valve does not open when I call for heat. The manual lever is stuck in one position and I am unable to move it in any direction. I have an older style valve which I suspect I have to replace. Will the new motorized valve mount to the old body or do I have to replace the body as well?

Do I have a faulty Honeywell valve V8043E1012 ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 zones with 2 circulators. One circulator serves 2 Honeywell V8043E1012 valves. One valve serves the second floor of my home and may not be working correctly because there seems to be very poor hot water flow through the baseboards (it's cold!). I suspect the valve's power head may be...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.