Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oliver40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 09:39 AM
    A strange smell like rusty metal
    Hi

I hjave a strange smell in my house... kind of rusty metal... it seems to be happen ing after it rains but not always. We thought it was the cat as the smell could smell like cat urine but after locking the cat outside for 3 weeks the smell is still there... what shall I do? Could it come from our woddburners?

Thanks

Ollie
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Could the cat have fouled the carpets? It dries up,so the smell probably wouldn't be so obvious,when it rains the air is damp so perhaps brings the smell out again.!

Do you have pipes under the floor,could they have a slow leak? Perhaps rust within the pipes is seeping up through the flooring, which would dry up,maybe the damp air when it rains brings out the smell or causes the pipes to overflow more.!

Check any pipes you have in the house, also any overflow pipes,check floor coverings as well.Look for any damp patches anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange smell in house [ 6 Answers ]

We have a strange smell in our house. It builds up when my wife and I are out of the house for a couple of hours or more. If one of us is home, when the other comes home there is no noticeable smell. We both have to be gone. It is weird. The smell is kind of a stale, unpleasant smell such as...

Strange smell [ 4 Answers ]

I shifted to a new rental apartment. The problem is that it has this strange smell whenver I enter it. I think it's the wood or the carpet and since the room is closed and locked all day. My q is how can I get rid of it permanently? I use airfreshner but it doesn't do any good. Once inside, I...

Sewer smell when washing clothes and metal smell in water [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved in a Lease to own house and after one month there is now a smell of sewer when washing clothes. The smell in the water has been here since day one and we are in the process of testing the well water. Can anyone help? I think we have a septic tank since we are on well water but the...

View more questions Search