Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murphy2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2004, 02:07 PM
    Advice Wanted
    I have an E-Machine-533 MHz-256 SDRAM, its as high as I can update it without changing motherboard etc.I am wondering whether to use Windows XP or Windows 2000?I only surf the web and email.Btw 8.4 H.D. :)
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Oct 29, 2004, 07:38 PM
    Hi Murph,

I would suggest going to Windows XP PRO, check out the following:

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/inst...patibility.htm

If you decide to use XP, you might want to add another 256MB of memory.

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    murphy2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2004, 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you for your input.256SDRAM is as high as I can go but I installed XP Home and all seems fine so far :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help wanted [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in biology and we are working on balancing equations I have done a whole lot of the but I have a few that are giving me a whole lot of trouble I hope someone can help: KEY:I didn't know how to write the numbers on a lower line so if its so post to be on a lower line it has a ~ behind...

Teen advice wanted [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 yr old step daughter who my wife and I are needing advice on. She has been diagnosed with adhd and anxiety. She currently takes zoloft to control both symptoms. We have recently found out that she has tried hard drugs before, but that she hasn't since she was about 14. However,...

Bath for Cockapoo that has recently given birth [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have a Cockapoo that has just gave birth and she had 5 puppies. Its been 4 or 5 days now. I wanted to know if its safe to take her a bath with soap. Because I was thinking if soap would get on her nipples the puppies would suck on them and that will cause a infection to them. So when can I...

View more questions Search