Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy_to_be Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 11:48 AM
    Heavy lifting at 21 weeks
    Hi Im 21 weeks pregnant and I lifted 40 pounds of dog food today both bags were 20 pounds will this cause me to loose my baby or hurt me in any way thanks.. Alyssa
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2011, 01:10 PM
    As long as you are in good health, and have no health concerns in terms of your pregnancy, it won't cause you to lose the baby. It can, however, cause you to hurt yourself, particularly your back. This is because some hormones in pregnancy allow for a relaxing and stretching of ligaments, joints, etc. If you lift with your back, you may put too much strain on it. Whether you are pregnant or not, you would want to be sure to use your legs more so than your back.

I am guessing that you lifted the bags separately? Twenty pounds is not usually a concern unless, as mentioned, you have some sort of restrictions in your pregnancy.

When in doubt, give the lifting job to someone else... :)
    Mommy_to_be Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Good thanks a bunch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've had heavy bleeding for 3 weeks and pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I've been bleeding for 3 weeks it's all almost gone. My obgyn says my cervix is still closed and my ultrasound puts me at 6 weeks and 1 day though by period I should be 8 weeks and 1 day what explination can I get for these complications? And what are my chances of keeping the babt?

Musls to move heavy weight lifting should be light weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

Musls to move heavy weight lifting should be light weight lifting

Heavy bleeding for 3 weeks [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has a heavy bleeding for 3 weeks, she is around 16 years old , the first period was 3 years ago Can u help me for the reasons of it?

Why do I have heavy discharge at 33 weeks. [ 3 Answers ]

Woke at 4:30 am with wet legs and a yellowish watery substance down my legs. Why?:confused:

Lifting a heavy 2 year old toddler while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I've been currently babysitting my 2 1/2 year old sister which weighs about 50-60 Lbs, she is very hyper and is very hard to deal with, I put a lot of pressure on my belly and have to lift her many times to change her because she doesn't like to get her diaper changed and we are currently potty...

View more questions Search