Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cisrocks17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Assets, Liabilities, Equity
    If owner's equity and liabilities increased during the period, then assets must also have increased.

Can someone help me remember what increases and what doesn't?

Thank you!
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Assets = Liabilities + Owners Equity

The following types of accounts will increase with a debit or credit entry

D Debits
    E Expense
    A Assets
    D Dividends

C Credits
    U Unearned Revenues
    R Revenues
    L Liabilities
    S Shareholder Equity or Owners Equity

In other words: debit entries will increase a DEAD type of account and a credit entry will increase a CURLS account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assets, Liabilities and equity [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if this is correct, if its not an explanation would be great :) I'm not an accounting student, just taking it for GE and I'm just confused.. Indicate where each tansaction causes an increase (+), decrease (-) or no change (NC) in assets, liabilities and equity (type of...

Assets(R) = Owner's Equity(R) + Liabilities(R) [ 0 Answers ]

Assets(R) = Owner's Equity(R) + Liabilities(R) Sold merchandise on credit for R9000. The goods were originally bought for R6000. Please provide with the answer on how do I support my Accounting equation on the above statement.

Assets = Liabilities + Owners equity [ 1 Answers ]

Amounts owed by a business to others are referred to as ______. Is it liabilities? Assets are financed by two sources, what are they? One is owner's equity, what is the other called accounts receivable?:rolleyes:

Assets and Equity - Calculating Liabilities [ 2 Answers ]

the question is as follows: James auto Parts has assets of $9,100 and equity of $6,500. What is the amount of liabilities? What is the amount of claims? I understand the equation --assets = claims and asssets = claims/liabilities + Equity I know that the claims answer for this...

Assets liabilities owner's equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question 2: Indicate whether each transaction caused an increase (+), a decrease (-), or no change (NC) In assets, liabilities, and owner's equity: Owner's Assets Liabilities Equity a. withdrawal of cash by owner b. purchase of an asset for cash c. purchase of an asset on account d....

View more questions Search