Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Motherboard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 06:28 AM
    TV audio problems
    The audio on my under cabinet TV sounds like bad cell phone reception. How do I fix it?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2011, 03:01 PM
    It's one of three things.

1) Your signal. Check the wires. Does this happen on all channels? Does the unit have a DVD/CD player? If so, does it happen with this as well? If it happens on all possible sources, then it's probably one of the next two possibilities.

2) The speakers. It's possible the speakers built into the unit are beginning to fail. If the unit has an audio output or headphone jack, try plugging either headphones or external speakers into it and see if the audio is still distorted. If not, then the speakers are your likely culprit. If the distortion continues, then your likely culprit is number 3.

3) The main board. It is possible the main board of the unit is causing audio distortion. The main board is where the audio processing takes place.

You can try doing a factory reset of the unit (check the owner's manual). This is sometimes located in the menu, other times you have to hold down one or more buttons to reset the unit.

If resetting it does not work, check the manufacturer's website for any software updates. Sometimes the units will have a USB connection which you can plug a flash drive into with an update from the manufacturer's website.

And finally, if all else fails, you will be looking at replacing a part. In which case it will probably be more economical to purchase a replacement unless the unit is under warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix audio problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have a dell I had windows home edition already pre installed then I re-installed new windows, after a really bad virus I installed windows pro after I finished installing windows I did not have any audio so I bought this program called Driver Magician it scan for driver updates I downloaded...

Audio Problems! Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm working on a Compaq Presario 6027US, P4 Processor 2.0 GHz, its soundcard is Soundmax 3.0 and I have been spending all day trying to fix the problem I have. Basically, I have itunes as my media player and it can't play audio files very well at all. If it does play the song it will be choppy...

Audio Problems [ 3 Answers ]

My computer has low sound on some streaming web sites. A third of the websites I go to have very low audio. I would like any ideas on my audio problems. Thanks in advance Fred:confused:

View more questions Search