Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckywiscgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
    Question about default judgment in Chicago and Wisconsin
    I received a default judgment against me just before I moved from in 2007. I was not served papers for the court date. Credigy Receivables got a judgement for over 40,000 on a debt that is not even on my credit record. I asked for proof that I owed this debt, and they just sent me a copy of the default judgement. This was 5 years ago. Recently Evans Law firm from Roseville, MN had the default judgement transferred to WI where I live now. They are suing to garnish my wages. I sent in a debtors answer that I received a default judgement on a debt that I do not owe. They sent a copy of the default judegement back to the court arguing that I do owe the debt. I have to appear in court in two weeks. What should I do? Do I have to go back to Chicago to get the default vacated? The default was transferred to WI, so I don't know how to proceed. There has also been 5 years time since the default judgment. The thing is, they claim a genealogy to a 1995 debt that was not even mine.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a judgment for money in Wisconsin. It is for a mobile home without land. [ 4 Answers ]

The judge says I cannot evict the tenant to sell it to get my money because I was awarded money and not the eviction although I had both listed on the original small claims case. She has not filled out the financial disclosure truthfully and did not sign it when whe returned it to me. Can I have...

Default judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Need good response to motion to set aside default judgment for failure to timely answer complaint

Wisconsin motion to vacate judgment [ 1 Answers ]

8 years ago, my daughter needed surgery. Her father, who carried the insurance, dropped it the day before the surgery. I was not aware of this since we are not together. I thought the bill went to him, however, the bill was being sent to an old address of mine since I have full custody and am...

Judgment default [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:I have a credit card judgment against me in Texas I am making payments not sure if I can keep making payments.I am buying my home and my car if I default on my payment plan what can happen ?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.