Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Troyf15e Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 06:43 PM
    How do I know if know if a grundfos circulating pump is bad?
    How do I know if a Grundfos circulating pump is bad?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2011, 06:53 PM
    If the pump has power going to it remove the big screw right in the center of the pump. Stick a pencil or pocket screwdriver into the hole. If the motor is spinning it will vibrate your tool and you will have a small bit of water leaking out. That lets you know the motor is ruining but it may not be pumping water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grundfos recirc pump - ticking noise and pump warm to the touch - Normal? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an approx 8 y/old Grundfos recirc pump on our hot water line and today I notice it is making a ticking noise (first time I've noticed this) and it is "quite" warm to the touch--I've never touched it before so I'm not sure if this is always the case. Should I be worried? I don't recall that...

Grundfos circulation pump problem? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, We have a radiant heating system in the kitchen area. The Grundfos circulation pump was installed by previous owner. It was working fine until about a week ago when we had a power outage for about 7 hours in cold weather, it is not making a low sound that seems like it is running non-stop....

Where can I find Grundfos 15-18 FS pump repair parts? [ 1 Answers ]

I use a Grundfos 15-18 FS pump for hot water circulation. While the water to the house was turned off the pump kept running and I believe ruined the pump parts inside. I want to find/buy repair parts new or used. Any idea where to find them?

Grundfos pump on demand electricity usage [ 1 Answers ]

I swithched from a grundfos pump on demand to a jet pump / pressure tank system thinking I would save electricity since the grundfos starts up every time water is called for. Does anyone know if I did the right thing or if I wasted my time and money?

Circulating pump what else could it be [ 1 Answers ]

The heat on the second floor of my home is blowing cold... its a 2 zone weil mclain hydro system... the st floor is hot... the second is cold what I have observed so far 1. the boiler control unit has a light blinking... limit 2. if I touch the pipe just below the circulating pump its very...

View more questions Search