Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vgonza1214 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Dr. Bill I have an ETG Test
    Dr Bill I am a male 25 165 and healthy. I had 7 and a half drinks on Sunday starting at 6pm finishing at 10pm. They were 6 and a halfs 12 ounce beers at 4.6% alcohol and a shot of whiskey. I have a ETG test on wed at 9am which is about 52 hours after BAC is at 0. will I pass the test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2011, 01:07 PM
    You are in a danger zone.

Borucki et al., 2005. In this study, 17 test subjects were dosed with measured drinks (equivalent of 8 drinks) in a hospital setting. For each test subject, the levels of four biomarkers (including EtG) were tested eight times over a 102-h period after drinking. This study used measured alcohol doses and a positive cut-off of 100 ng/ml. [The difference in this test is time was calculated from final drink and not 0-BAC] In the first 24 h after drinking, all EtG tests were positive. After 54.3 h, 77% of the test results were positive; while after 78.5 h, only 18% of the test results were positive. As you can see the results vary from one individual to another. This wide interindividual variation is characteristic of all the EtG elimination studies to date.

I were to estimate, on average, your EtG clearance should be in the range of 60-72 hours based on volume consumed But it is possible that it could be as little as 48 hours.

Nov 4, 2011, 01:58 PM
    So its more of a possibility of a failed test you would say?
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2011, 02:25 PM
    If the test is 100 cutoff I believe it is. At a cutoff of 500 your chances improve.

At 50+ hours EtG will be in low range. So there is always a chance.

The unpredictable variable is the amount of EtG that you create in the process of metabolizing alcohol. Someone people create a lot, others almost none. There is no way to determine where you fall in that spectrum

Wish I could be more precise but can only work with the small number of elimination studies available.

Nov 4, 2011, 02:31 PM
    Thank you so much for your time. Now would it make a difference if I drank about 8 huge cups of water a day and a lot of coffee? I went to the restroom about 20 times before the day of the test

Nov 4, 2011, 02:33 PM
    Also would the price of the test have anything to do with what kind of cut off it would have
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vgonza1214 View Post
    Thank you so much for your time. Now would it make a difference if I drank about 8 huge cups of water a day and a lot of coffee? I went to the restroom about 20 times before the day of the test
    EtG is water soluble. That is widely acknowledged and is a glaring flaw with the test. I'm sure that did serve to reduce the amount of EtG.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Nov 7, 2011, 10:18 PM
    When you find your results, can you post them? Also, did you eat during the time you were drinking?

Nov 16, 2011, 06:55 PM
    I passed the test sorry it took long to post the results. Yeah I did eat after drinking not while.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Nov 20, 2011, 11:24 PM
    Thanks for posting your results.
    dreamercrispy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Dr bill please help I drank one shot of crown royal at about 7 pm on wenseday took a EtG on Saturday morning at about 8 I'm 25 yr 5 2 and 146 pounds had a baby 3 months ago. Will I pass? Ply help can't sleep
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamercrispy1 View Post
    Dr bill please help i drank one shot of crown royal at about 7 pm on wenseday took a etg on saturday morning at about 8 im 25 yr 5 2 and 146 pounds had a baby 3 months ago. will i pass? ply help can't sleep
    Go back to bed and sleep tight. There was no EtG in your system at that time span. Not even close.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can non-alcoholic beer make you test positive on an ETG test? [ 3 Answers ]

I had 1 non-alcoholic beer 96 hours before and 1 non-alcoholic beer 72 hours before an ETG alcohol test. I weigh 122lbs and am 5 ft 3 in good health. I was applying for a new job and wasn't aware that you had to pass an ETG test. I know there isn't much alcohol in these but heard it can be...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Dr bill EtG [ 11 Answers ]

I am a bartender and am routinely getting booze on my hands. Will this affect an EtG?

If I drink this upcoming Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test on Monday? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really leaning towards just not drinking (which sucks considering it's the holidays), but I'm curious as to if I were to be randomly tested on Monday, and I drank on Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test? I don't want to violate my probation but I was told I would fail if I drank at all,...

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search