Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clifford Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2004, 04:51 PM
    Hampton Bay fan switch
    The chain on the fan switch broke of and I bought a replacement at HomeD. I forgot to tag the wires and can't seem to properly connect the 4 wire to the new switch. Cable colors are: White, Black, Yellow and Blue and the switch has an "L", #1, #2 and #3 where the cables should be connected. Does anyone know the order to them? HELP!! :confused:
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Oct 26, 2004, 05:13 PM
    Which country is this? Color codes and switch contact designations vary, depending on where you are.
    Clifford Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2004, 05:29 PM
    Fan Switch
    Miami, Fl.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2004, 09:38 AM
    Sorry for the late reply, Clifford, I did not find full documentation for that location. If not done yet, best thing to do is to meter out the wires, or if you can't, get help from a friend who has the equipment and the knowledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Fan light switch 'broken'? [ 1 Answers ]

Our light switch gets quite a workout. It just failed yesterday. :eek: Came out to use it in the morning and found it 'bottomed out'. That is, apparently the return spring has broken. I can force the pull chain up about an inch into the bottom ferrule; that's how I measured the slack. ...

Remote switch for a hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay windward 2 gossamer fan controlled by a handheld remote. The remote functions all work fine (light. Speeds, reverse, etc... ). The problem is finding a wall switch to match the fan. The fan obviously has a receiver built into the motor head unit for the remote to function, but...

Hampton bay reverse switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with a faulty reverse switch. What I'd like to do is take the switch out and bypass the switch instead of replacing it. The switch is a six contact DPDT. Grey and white are the contacts in the center. Pink and Yellow are the contact at the bottom, and there are...

Hampton Bay Reverse Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay 42" ceiling fan that has a malfunctioning reverse switch. The original reverse switch is a six contact four wire switch (red, blue, black and white) that has two contacts jumpered out (blue and white). I could not find an exact replacement switch but I can find a six...

Hampton Bay Fan Switch [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My Hampton Bay fan switch is broken. (At the moment, I am unable to turn my fan off without switching off the circuit breaker.) How do I take apart the fan and figure out what kind of switch I need? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Kathy

View more questions Search