Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattEallen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 01:44 PM
    According to the Deuteronomistic Historians (DH)...
    According to the Deuteronomistic Historians, [DH], all the national calamities that befell the children of Israel in the land of Canaan were because the kings that followed King David, most notoriously Manasseh, had violated the Mosaic Covenant and Yahweh had abandoned his '"special people" to more powerful pagan Near Eastern neighbors, most notably Assyria and Babylon.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 3, 2011, 01:47 PM
    Do you have a question ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 02:04 PM
    While I may disagree personally, do you have a question about this, and if so, can you cite your source on the facts.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 4, 2011, 05:27 PM
    While this might not be the direction the OP wanted to take, may I inquire about your statement Fr_Chuck?
    Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 06:51 PM
    I often disagree with many bibical scholars. But often a good discussion is started with someone disagreeing with the principal statement. Always good to challenge someone in their statements if they are making it as a matter of fact.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Did Yahweh have an ulterior purpose in mind if he did indeed abandon his chosen people?

Nov 4, 2011, 08:10 PM
    Fr_Chuck, what exactly do you disagree with about that?
    Expert

Nov 5, 2011, 05:56 AM
    One has to then state that all natural events are for a purpose of God, the statement did not say, that they suffered because of specific events that God caused.

I believe God does cause some things to happen for a reason, but also that he has set up and allows the earth to operate according to natural rules of science. Jesus could walk on water, as was Peter allowed to. You and I can not do it every day.
    Weather, when certain cold and hot fronts meet in certain ways there are storms or hurricanes, they can be predicted and somewhat tracked. So every natural event is not always Gods punishment

Nov 11, 2011, 07:01 PM
    But obviously we can see both in the scriptures, right? Sure there are natural disasters that God simply allows to take their course... but there were many times that God executed judgement on rebellious Israel THROUGH other kingdoms. To think that sinful societies are outside of God's control and use is off to say the least. Or did you make that statement in response to how the OP worded their "question"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Historians point of view. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Reggi and I'm a writer. I started new book, that will reflect human society through centuries, starting from 1520 B.C. I did my own research and plans, yet I want to know what would experienced historian want to see in this type of book, and what information should I provide that...

What should historians do? Create history or objectively pursue the truth? [ 3 Answers ]

I wander what should historians do? It is common there are different opinions about the same event in the history. It seems that some historians are creating history rather than pursuing the truth.

View more questions Search