Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJBobby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 12:34 PM
    How do I wire my super winch 1500
    I have a super winch 1500 with only 2 wires coming from it. I want to wire it up to a switch in the cab of my truck. I have a 1991 gmc truck. Are both the wires to operate up and down or is one a ground? If one isn't a ground, how do I ground the winch? The switch has 3 terminals. Do the wires go to either side terminals? Do I have to splice any wires? Thanks for your assistance
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2011, 05:00 PM
    If it is only 2 wires, it may only have a "winch in" position and you freewheel it to pull out the cable. Don't know what colors you have on your wiring but you will need to find the hot lead and switch that, the other wire is ground OR, the frame is grounded to the truck and the two wires are "in" and "out". If you have a 3 terminal switch, wire a hot lead to the middle position on the switch, ground the winch frame and then run 1 winch wire to each side of the switch. A lot of the older pumps and accessories had a frame ground and only 1 wire.
    tinner2002 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Without looking at the installation instructions, I'm taking an educated guess here that the body of the winch is ground and the switch having three terminals is in/out/off (depending on the wire placement. I.E. if you use the first terminal and the third terminal, the center position would be off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 wire setup for Lux 1500 thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a LUX 1500 series thermostat, my existing wiring is Red, White, Green and a light blue ( total 4 wires ). Also my home is gas heat forced hot air / with a central air cooling system. Current problem, I have heat, but no ac. I don't believe I wired correctly, and don't know if I need a...

What is the hot wire on the fuel pump on a 1994 chevy 1500 5.7 [ 1 Answers ]

My fuel pump isn't coming on I put a new fuel pump relay in but it still won't come on I'm going to try to find out if the fuel pump is bad so I'm going to run a hot wire to it and see if it comes on but I don't know witch wire is the hot wire on the fuel pump

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Super Sport Radiator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram Truck 5.9 Liter that has been running hot the past couple of weeks. There was a couple of times that I thought that the engine was going to over heat but never did. Some brown liquid was coming out of the radiator but I could not tell from where. Is this a common problem...

Super Shy in a Super Social environment [ 8 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old, Canadian Boy My problem is that I am a very shy person when it comes to speaking with adults, strangers, authorities, and for the most part all girls. The type of people I surround myself with are the so called popular group. Having all my friends in the popular group leaves...

View more questions Search