Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmom54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 10:03 AM
    How to light pilot on a Custom Aire wall heater?
    Our power company no longer offer the service to relight a pilot light. I cannot get a flame to light, I have used my airbrush to clean out all the dust and dog hair and lint from the area. This house was built in 1955. I have tried to follow the instructions to relight the pilot, but I cannot get a flame. There is a gas handle at the base and it is set at the horizontal setting, I also tried to change that by rotating it down a quarter turn< (it won't go any farther) it still won't work.

Help me! Signed,
    Cold in Reno
    ObscureRefWmn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2015, 07:56 PM
    Just in case someone is still looking for this answer...
    If you have a thermostat, turn it off.
    In addition to the big lever, which should be the burner valve, you need to find the pilot light valve. Follow the little tube from the pilot light back to where it connects to the guts of the heater. Mine had a small handle on the underside of the piece that the tube went into. Turn that, and you should hear gas hissing. Take your BBQ lighter or long match, and stick it in through the hole above the pilot light on your end. It should light the pilot. THEN turn the bigger handle down towards you that 1/4 turn, and your whole burner should light. Adjust your thermostat last.
    Hope this makes sense!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas wall heater pilot light goes out when I turn the valve from 'pilot' to 'on'. [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my gas wall heater pilot light go out when I turn the valve from 'pilot' to 'on'? The pilot lights and stays lit until I try to turn the valve. It's got a brand new thermocouple.

I don't know to light pilot or turn on my stewart warner saf-aire wall heater [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought this house with a Stewart Warner saf-aire wall heater and I don't know how to operate it. I need to print a manual of some sort.

Wall heater pilot light lit, but cuts off when I turn heater on [ 6 Answers ]

I have a wall heater, the pilot light was out so I re-lit it a couple days ago and it went on.. about 4 hours later I noticed it was out again... same thing off and on for three days... this time I lit the pilot and turned the heater on it immeditly made a click sond and went out completely... it...

View more questions Search