Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crest Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 09:24 AM
    When can I start working ?
    My husband is a H-1 visa holder, since a year and his company has sponsored his green card 4 months back. I am a H4 visa holder, I would want know , how soon will it be since I can start working.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 3, 2011, 12:53 PM
    Not enough information. What did they file 4 months ago? What EB preference category?

If they started the permanent residency process through labor certification (EB-3 for most H-1B's) for him 4 months ago, that usually takes about 6-8 months for approval. The I-140 takes about 6 months, and the current backlog for most countries is December 2005, and it takes 3 months after filing to get your EAD as a dependent spouse.

So, about 7-8 years from the date they start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Won't Start but Furnace Working [ 6 Answers ]

Trane Split System 2TTR3036A1000A, 2 yrs old Hi. The furnace works fine. But when set to cool, neither the air handler or the compressor operate. Also, the "fan only" setting does not run the fan. I checked the 2 A slow-blow fuse on the board, and it's fine, but I assume that the furnace...

H4 to H1 transfer for wife, can she start working from jan 09? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My wife currently has a H4 visa based on my H1-B, and she recently got her H1-B approved. My question is, does she ABSOLUTELY HAVE to be working from OCT 08? Or, can she start working from JAN 09? Her H4 is still valid until FEB 09. Her new H1-B gives her a new I-94 valid until...

H4-H1 - when can you start working? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I am currently on a H4 visa and I have an employer who is willing to file an H1B visa for me ? When can I start working ? My H4 visa is currently valid until Sept 2009. Will this be a "change in status" and does it mean that I can start working as soon as I get the approval from the USCIS?

Start Up not working [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... thanks in advance for any tip or help.. my CPU is flashing yellow on the start up button.. I have disconnected yet nothing is working... any advice?? Thanks... :)

A/C compressor trying to start but not working [ 3 Answers ]

I turned n my ac the fan works but compressor will not start

View more questions Search