Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stargirl6789 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Find molarity of potassium permanganate
    If 28.93 mL of a potassium permanganate solution was used to titrate 25.00 mL of a sodium oxalate soution made by dissolving 1.0423 g of sodium oxalate in 250.00 mL of water, calculate the molarity of potassium permanganate
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2011, 01:58 AM
    1. Write the equation for the reaction taking place.

2. Work out the mole ratio of the reactants (How many moles of potassium permanganate react with how many moles of sodium oxalate.)

3. Find out the number of moles of oxalate ions used for the titration.

4. Use your answers to 2 and 3 to get the number of moles of potassium permanganate in the sample.

5. Use the volume and the number of moles of the potassium permanganate to get the concentration of the sample.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find Moles of KMnO4 used, Molarity of KMnO4 solution [ 1 Answers ]

standardization of KMnO4 Mass of H2C2O4.2H2O(MW=126g/mol),g------->0.25 Initial buret reading, mL-------------------------->0 Final buret reading, mL--------------------------->43 Volume of KMnO4 solution used, mL------------>43 Moles ofo oxalic acid used------------------------>0.002 Moles...

Write a balanced chemical equation for: potassium oxide+ water= potassium hydroxide [ 1 Answers ]

write a balanced chemical equation for: potassium oxide+ water= potassium hydroxide

Redox titration using iron tablet solution and potassium permanganate [ 0 Answers ]

I am doing reox titration and not sure how to do calculation of iron in tablets. Basically I find the concentration of potassium permanganate solution using mol/vol. I know the volume but don't know the moles. Is it suppose to be written in the bottle? If so I forgot to write it down. Once...

View more questions Search