Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guitarteacher18 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Nov 2, 2011, 11:03 PM
    I'm an atheist, she's a baptist
    So, I met this girl at my friends house who used to go to church with him. We were eating dinner and me and her hit it off, I was surprised at how much we got along, I can be very crass at times, and I was, but she didn't seem to mind. After we ate I went outside on my friends deck to smoke a cigarette and she came out to talk with me. She asked me what College was like, because she's a junior in high school, and I told her what I tell everyone," its school." She asked what I wanted to do after school, and I told her that I love kids and that I really want to be a teacher, this came as a surprise to her. We then talked about other stuff like our religious and political stances, she's a baptist, her fathers a pastor, or whatever you call it, and she's far right. I told her the truth, I'm an atheist, and a liberal. We got along great, she thought I was really weird, but not in a bad way apparently. I'd like to ask her out, she's really cute and is nothing like other girls I know, but I'm worried about how it will go, I'm not exactly her age, nor am I her type
    Should I ask her out, and If I do, do you think it will work?
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Nov 3, 2011, 07:02 AM
    ASK HER OUT! Don't worry about the difference in your religions. Maybe by dating her, you will get to know mreo about baptism. You are still young, lots to discover in life, DON'T let this get in the way of dating please.
    :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2011, 07:22 AM
    Or her father may denounce the relationship due to his position. She may be trying to convert you. You never know. Good luck.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 08:03 AM
    How long have you been out of your last relationship? October 24, 2011, you were still missing her: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...nd-606594.html

Slow down. There is absolutely no reason to rush into another relationship and that is what you are doing when you ask if we think it will work out.

How old is she? How old are you?

Besides the religious and political differences, you are at very different stages of your lives. She still has about a year and a half of high school left and you are just starting college. She still has to live by her parent's rules while you are an adult and can set your own rules. Depending on laws where you live, she could even be subject to curfew laws.

If her parents allow it (I do not condone going out on a date without a parent's consent when minors are involved) and you can accept the differences and restrictions, then ask her out and get to know her better before you even think about jumping into a relationship. Don't think about 'will it work' instead find out who she is over a period and actual dating. She may have mannerisms that haven't come out yet that you can't stand. You may find that you are both polar opposites on what movies and foods you like and neither of you are willing to compromise. You may find out that she can't go a step without making certain every male eye in the area is on her.

Remember you are still healing from your break up. Do not make this girl a rebound because you didn't take care of your past baggage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have to be baptist to take communion? [ 105 Answers ]

Before you can take communion do you have to be baptist first.

What is appropriate to wear to a march 20, 2010 6:30 pm wedding baptist church [ 1 Answers ]

What is appropriate to wear to a March 20, 2010 6:30 pm wedding at a Baptist Church; the groom is my nephew

The Atheist and the Bear! [ 2 Answers ]

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a...

Atheist Organizations [ 131 Answers ]

Hello: I'm an atheist. However, I've never found the need to bond with other atheists. Indeed, in my view, an organization for atheists is an anathema to atheism. In fact, I don't believe there IS an atheist organization. Simply put, they don't exist. Besides that, a very good reason of...

How To Worship (Baptist) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a baptist and would like to know how to worship God. We don't go to church and I feel God keeps telling me to go. I keep telling my parents but all they say is, oh OK, and forget. Anyway I'd like to know how to worship God alone?? Is there more than one way? Does it have to have music?...

View more questions Search