Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ad097 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 05:13 PM
    I want to live with my mom again but..
    Okay, here's the story. I'll try to make it as short and easy as possible.

I'm 15 almost 16, and my mom and dad got divorced when I was seven. I lived with my mom and my brother since then because my dad doesn't have his life together. Well anyway over the past year me and my mom have been fighting a lot and it got to the point where we had a huge blowout fight almost every night. So this was back at around May. Like I said, my dad doesn't have his life together (no house, drinking problem, addictions, money management, no common sense, etc) so he was living with my grandparents. My mom basically kicked me out so I lived with them and my dad over the summer. My dad finally was able to get a house in September, and so I was forced to move in with him. In September I basically pleaded for my mom to please take me back but she refused. I really did change as a person over the summer but she thinks I haven't. So now I'm living in a small apartment with my dad with barely any necessities (no couch, TV, coffee table) yet and it's been two months. I'm so depressed and I miss my mother so much. She doesn't seem to miss me though, and she said she enjoys her life with just her and my brother. I'm just so sad because I just want my mother to see that I have changed and that I do miss her and my brother a lot. We do see each other about once a week, usually going out to dinner or church on Sundays. Everything seems great, and she even said last week "maybe in a few months you can move back". But now it doesn't seem like that. There's just so much chaos and arguing in my family and it's making me so depressed. I just want to go home and have everything go back to normal. Can anyone help me? What are some ways I can try to show my mom that I've changed? What can I do? Please, I'm desperate and about ready to give up on life.
    Mr.Dagger Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
    What was the fight about?
    Lovemeluv Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2011, 10:45 PM
    Don't give up, don't give out, and don't give up on life. You are young and have so much to experience in this big world. My advise is to be consistent and always be respectful towards your parents. Do not focus on negative thoughts, but focus on learning more about you and you will discover that you are a beautiful being and your parents love you unconditionally. Also, know that you will always be they child regardless of any wrong doings.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2011, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemeluv View Post
    Dont give up, don't give out, and dont give up on life. You are young and have so much to experience in this big world. My advise is to be consistent and always be respectful towards your parents. Do not focus on negative thoughts, but focus on learning more about you and you will discover that you are a beautiful being and your parents love you unconditionally. Also, know that you will always be they child regardless of any wrong doings.

The OP wants to move back home, wants to convince her mother that she's changed. The question is how does she prove to her mother that she's changed.

I think it will take some time and some consistent "appropriate" behavior.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 14 and I want to live with my mom and not my dad what do I do I live in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how old I have to be to choose what parent I want to live with in the state of Ohio

I want to live with my mom but when can I [ 1 Answers ]

well I am going to be 16 and my parents have joint custody. when can I live with my mom with out going to go see my dad. he just doesn’t treat me right and I am done. so can i leave at 16?:(

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Help me I want to live with mom! [ 3 Answers ]

I need help desperately! I am thirteen years of age and I would like to live with my mom!! I have been living with my dad since I was seven and I hate living here!! Please help I have court in a week to decide!! And I don't know if they will listen to me!!

View more questions Search