Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benz34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 04:32 PM
    Had space heater plugged in and now that outlet is not working
    I had a space heater plugged into my hall bath outlet. It's not a GFCI, ALL other outlets in house work. I just changed out the outlet that stopped working and nothing changed.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 05:25 PM
    By current code standards the bathroom receptacle should be on a 20 amp branch circuit that is GFCI protected.

1) I look for another bathroom with a GFCI protected receptacle and reset that receptacle.

2) I'd check the circuit breaker in the panelboard for this circuit and make sure it is in the "ON" position.

I would do this by switching the handle all the way to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position.

3) Make sure that the circuit is a 20 amp circuit and not a 15 amp circuit.

4) Make sure that this heater is designed to draw less that 20 amps for proper operation.
    denman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2011, 05:55 PM
    Your gfci receptacle may be protected at the breaker box with a gfci c/b in the panel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I plugged in an old light and it sparked a bit from the outlet. [ 4 Answers ]

Now my lights are not working in that area. The circuit breakers are okay. What could be the problem? Thanks for any help!

Electrical outlet keeps tripping in the garage if something is plugged into it or not [ 6 Answers ]

My electrical outlet in the garage keeps tripping whether something is plugged into it or not. What do I need to do?

I have a ritetemp gas space heater and it's not working [ 2 Answers ]

The pilot light is lit until the blowing cycle goes off then it doesn't work . The electric ignitor doesn't work anymore. I have to light it manually.

Have current in outlet but lights plugged in to it won't go on? [ 3 Answers ]

There is current coming to the outlet however lights plugged in to it won't come on?

Outlet next to air condituioner hot with nothing plugged into it [ 2 Answers ]

An outlet on the wall next to where my air conditioner is plugged into is hot to the touch. I have nothing plugged into this outlet. Why would this happen. It only happens when the air conditoner is running.

View more questions Search