Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rettabean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Help hooking up IP phone
    Boss sent me home with a Toshiba IP phone to hook up to my home network. I plugged it into my wireless router then my computer like he said. Nothing. "server not found"
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 01:44 PM
    So you have your cable modem connected to your router, and also both your PC and IP phone connected to the router as well - is that right? Do you get the proper green lights on the router ports to indicate that traffic is flowing to/from both the PC and IP phone? Have you subscribed with a VOIP provider?
    Rettabean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Everything is hooked up correctly. Actually just heard from my boss and he is getting me settings changes. Thanks so much for your help! If it still doesn't work after new settings I'll be back!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2011, 03:45 AM
    Hardware is not enough here. You have to be subscribed to a VoIP service. Either through you broadband provider or a third party like Vonage or Magic Jack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Hooking up new phone line to main phone box [ 0 Answers ]

I am hooking up a new phone jack into the "main phone line box" in my basement... need help... I will try to explain as clearly as possible... hope not to confuse everyone. General info that may be useful in answering my question: I currently have cabletelevision phone service modem etc... I...

Hooking up a phone jack [ 3 Answers ]

We removed this phone jack that was in the kitchen and now we want to hook it back up. The problem is that I'm not sure what wires go to what. There is a white, green, red and black. Can someone please explain this to me?

I just heard my husband on his cell phone, hooking up with a girl in a strip club. [ 11 Answers ]

Not exactly sure what to do about it...

View more questions Search