Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shota Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Film on top of beta tank
    I have some sort of film on top of my 1 gal. beta tank. I clean his tank regularly using only clean glass bowls. No soap, just hot water. Tank has a lid. Any ideas of what it could be?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Is this a thick/thin film, does it have a color, is it bubbly or oily looking?
    Kae
    shota Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
    t's never used for anything else.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I think you misunderstood me. I was asking what the film looked like.
    A bubbly film is normal. Male Beta fish make bubble nests. The bubbles soon pop and a foamy film will be left.
    If it is an oily looking film than it is pollutants. The break down and decay of old food or fish waste.
    If you have any more questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to try and help.
    Kae
    Nikimc64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
    I have it on my bowl too, it starts right after the fish goes back in!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beta Fish [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I got Beta just like this one, 1 week ago, his a cute little Beta Fish! I would like to know what kind of water does he need, for his little aquarium, for the moment I but at W-Mart a gallon of drinking water is that good? I would like to know, Any comments? OK here is my Beta Fish!

Microsoft Anti-spyware beta [ 11 Answers ]

According to the Washington Post,Microsoft's Anti-spyware software (beta),reckons that Norton Anti-virus is a password stealer,plus other things: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/02/microsoft_antispyware_deleting_1.html Microsoft are apparently,albeit slowly,(unannounced)...

SpyBot S&D Beta - Log files found [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I recently read the forum regarding DSO Exploit and followed the referral to download SpyBot Beta. After Updating to 1.4Beta I rescanned and found new Log files that hadn't been found in the original 1.3. The Log files are: Activities: c:\windows\COM+.log c:\windows\imsins.log...

View more questions Search