Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catherine89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 02:43 AM
    My dog won't eat and rubs her nose on the ground
    Hi
    I have a boxer ***** who is just over a year old and the past few days she hasn't been eating. She would start rubbing her nose on the ground as if to push it over her food and if there is a blanket she will do that to the blanket until her food is covered. I tried mixing in things to her food like liver pate or trying to give her another food but she still won't eat. She's pretty petite anyway so I'm worried she'll loose even more weight. She is a pretty sensitive dog so I don't know if this is because of her food or if it has another meaning.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Try feeding her some yogurt and see if that helps her relieve an upset stomach.

If she stays off feed for a long period, longer than a day and shows no interest in anything, you need to take her to the vet. She could have an obstruction or blockage or just might really feel that bad.

Nov 2, 2011, 08:12 AM
    Thank you for the advice. We mixed some cream cheese into her food and she had a few bites but we are taking her to the vet tomorrow just to make sure it isn't anything more serious. She is still alert and plays with her brother but seems to have less energy. She hasn't yet lost weight but we don't want to risk it.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Did you recently change her food?

Nov 2, 2011, 09:24 AM
    No they've been eating the same food for a good 3-4 months now and she had no problems with it before. Her brother eats it as well and he has no issues
    trefalga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 04:30 AM
    Did you ever find out what this was caused by? Our golden retriever is doing the same thing... it's almost like he has an itch on his nose and is trying to scratch it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keps being sick and won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a staffy ***** and she has stopped eating and will only drink, but when she does, she vomits everywhere. I'm at my wit's end as I can't afford the vet after losing my job.

My dog rubs her butt on the floor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 1/2 month old sheppard pitbull mix that constintly rubs her butt on the ground. Is this something I should be worried about and if so how can I fix this probem?

My dog shakes and rubs her ears a lot [ 4 Answers ]

My dog keeps rubbing and shaking her ears, why does she do this and is there anything I can do to make her feel more comfortable?

View more questions Search