Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjdunbar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Personal fundraisers?
    I would like to raise money to be able to buy presents for my 14 grand children. Is this something I can do here? Is there another avenue you can guide me toward ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Yes, you can solicit donations/contributions as long as you are honest about it. Fundraisers are not a good idea because the money is taxable to you.

Why do you need to buy the presents beyond your income?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Nov 2, 2011, 05:54 AM
    I'm sure being a loving grandmother is enough. You don't have to stretch your outcome, and when the kids get older they'll appreciate it more than toys!

X Dani
    pjdunbar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 07:41 AM
    It's not that I need to buy presents beyond my income it's that I don't have the income to buy the presents because I can't find a job.
    Also, I don't need to buy all toys there are 5 out of the 14 that still would want toys the rest of them are teenagers.

Thank You for your responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need good fundraisers! [ 6 Answers ]

My youth group is trying to raise money for a big mission trip this summer, but our church is pretty small and can't fund us, so we need to raise the money ourselves. If we don't raise enough money by February, we will have to wait another year to go! We need about $1,500 per person and there are...

Personal finance software without revealing personal information [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any personal finance software that doesn't require you to put in your personal information.I just need something that I can add and subtract on my own without giving all my personal information to a for profit corporation. I don't need a separate company to keep track of all my banking, I...

Can fundraisers receive pay [ 2 Answers ]

Can fundraisers be paid? Is there a percentage allowance?

Personal fundraisers [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a solo guitarist. Have been for many years; done church concerts and am a worship leader at a small church in Minnesota. I've written many solo instrumental pieces and recorded a solo cd. People like my music and buy the cd's but not enough to make more than 50 bucks or so at a concert. I'd...

View more questions Search