Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jetlat7878 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 06:14 PM
    I forgot to ask if polyurethane is the best finish for a kitchen table
    From my previous question about Brazilian Cherry, I forgot to ask what is the best choice for the top coat after staining. The table will be used as a kitchen table with small kids spilling liquids, food and who knows what else.
    Thanks again for your quick response.
    Jim, Woodstock,GA
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Nov 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
    Yes poly seem the best coating for your table. Poly is a sealant and it stops the table from getting scratch marks and stuff in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove polyurethane from table [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a table someone had painted over the original finish. I used a gel stripper to remove the paint, but it went through the finish under the paint, as well. But only in spots. Paint is gone, and most of the original finish. Since the stripper ate into the finish, I did two more...

How do I finish Kitchen cabinets? [ 5 Answers ]

I stripped my old cabinets of polyurethane and now we like the natural wood. Is there any product out there that will protect but won't yellow the lighter color of the raw wood?

What type of Polyurethane to use on an Oak Table [ 2 Answers ]

I have just finished stripping my Oak Table of all the gunk and gook build up over the years. I have decided not to stain it, as I have discovered it has beautiful grain and color. My question is, what type of Polyurethane should I use to protect it? And how many coats should I apply?:)

Cutting Granite Table to Hold Kitchen Sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm doing a mini-kitchen remodel for a mini-kitchen on a mini-budget. I bought a great Kohler single basin cast iron sink, self-rimming, and I was thinking about paying a granite fabricator to cut a hole for my sink in a granite table I currently own. The table is 3 foot by 5 foot, giving me...

Best finish to put on a wooden kitchen countertop [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the best finish to put on a wooden countertop? I was told that tung oil is better than mineral oil. :o

View more questions Search