Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eggink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Seat in old bath faucet is stripped
    Have an old bath faucet, the seat is stripped and seat tool just spins around in it. Need ideas on how to remove.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 31, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Insert Seat Wrench into the seat. Make sure it is the correct size end. Take hammer and gently tap Seat Wrench several times while pushing hard on it in inward motion. Top harder if necessary and until it bites. Then slowly spin CCW.

Let me know how you did. Milo
    somepatti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 07:54 AM
    It came out but there is like tube attached to the seat and it seems to not want to come apart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stripped out seat in shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a seat wrench from my local hardware store to remove a seat that is chipped in my shower. I used the wrench on the seat and it was so old (my guess is 15 years or so) that it just stripped out the metal and now I can not get the wrench to turn it at all. I have called a few plumbers and...

How to identify bath tub faucet stem seat size? [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to replace my leaky bath tub faucet. When I removed the stem, I didn't see any stem seat. I think previous owner in my house didn't properly install stem seat. Is there some way to identify the size of stem stem seat? I tried 7/16 inch one but it seems too small. When I tried 1/2...

Stripped faucet seat? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, so we put in new a faucet seat but the shower still leaks. Having trouble screwing in the new seats. I think the problem is that the piece that it screws into is stripped... what can I do?

Bath Tub Faucet seat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a tub faucet seat in which the hex head is stripped out?

View more questions Search