Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HappyBunny05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Do I have a Keloid?
    So I'm a 15 year old girl and I've gotten my cartilage piercing done. I've had the piercing for about over 12 weeks, but I'm not sure exactly how long its been since I've gotten it pierced. I had it done at Claire's with a gun (probably BIG mistake)and recently I've noticed the back of it has a large red bump. I've changed my jewlery to a titanium captive ring and have had it for a few weeks before I noticed the bump. Although today when I was cleaning it this morning it bleed, and when my finger touched it, there was this pain. I did some research and tried to figure out what was wrong and I thought it was maybe a keloid, since I read apparently its more common in females with dark skin (African,Asian) and I'm half african. I don't know what to do with it except I'm just cleaning it more then I used to, should I go to a doctor about it?
    britt098 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 06:56 PM
    It sounds to me like its infected. I did the same thing went to claires also. Mine got a big red bump and I ignored it and it turned a dark purple and was very sore so I took it out and it drained puss and blood, this happened about a 3 yrs ago and I still have a bumb under the skin where it was at. But it doesn't hurt anymore. So you should take it out, clean it very well and let it close up. I got my other ear done and have had no trouble with it.
    nachorainbow Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2011, 05:20 PM
    Don't take the piercing out. Go to the doctors and get antibiotics. If you take out the piercing it'll close the infection in your ear and make it worse. I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. I went to the doctors, got 10 days of antibiotics and it healed quite nicely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if I'm getting a keloid [ 1 Answers ]

I got a piercing 3 weeks ago and I I've noticed a small bown mark close to my piercing.. is it a keloid?

Keloid on my cartliage? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my ear pierced with a gun at my local mall. I was wearing a normal stud and a few months after it healed, I noticed a tender bump. That ear looked a little deformed, puffy and red. I thought it was normal and never told anyone. I kept cleaning, even after the 12 weeks that is recommended....

How do I know if this is a keloid? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so in the ending of January I got my bellybutton pierced. I started to get really stressed and I guess I got a bump around the piercing. I left it in and tried cleaning it but nothing really worked. My parents do not know about my peircing so I didn't know who to go to. I ended up taking it...

Is this a Keloid? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm thinking it's a keloid. I really hope it isn't. I got my nose done about a month ago. Probably a week an a half after, I almost ripped it out, from the stem getting caught on my towel. A week after that it came out, some how. Since I got it back in, there was a small bump. Which got a little...

View more questions Search