Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetkitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 04:18 PM
    Why do I get light yellow discharge is there something wrong?
    Hi I am 15 years old and sometimes I get light yellow discharge and sometimes it smells abit what do should I do and why does this happen
    By the way I am a virgin please reply anybody I'm really worried
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Hi sweetkitty, welcome to AMHD,

From time to time, a slightly yellow discharge can be normal. Even a slight odor is not unusual. It becomes more of a concern if the odor is strong, and/or you have itching with it.

Sometimes it occurs right before or right after a period. In most cases, discharge is a way of keeping the vagina clean. While it may seem like a good idea, it is best for women not to douche and sometimes the use of certain soaps can be irritating as well.

Bath regularly, using a mild soap, rinse well, use pantyliners if it helps you to be more comfortable.

If you ever feel it is more noticeable in color change or odor, best to check with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clear stringy discharge over yellow discharge is that the mucus plug [ 13 Answers ]

Okay so when I go the bathroom and I wipe there is a yellow discharge and a clear stringy discharge over it. What does a mucus plug look like? There is no red or pink discharge with it. PS I am 36 weeks pregnant and baby has dropped.

Yellow discharge [ 4 Answers ]

I am having non-smelly yellow vaginal discharge. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. The discharge is quite heavy. Any suggestions?

Light yellow Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Uhm, About three-four days after my period I have been getting discharges. First it was a dark brown after my period ended, then sort of light brown, then after it turned light yellow.. And this light yellow discharge has an odor. I've done some research online.. and I'm afraid if I have a...

What does yellow discharge mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been experiencing yellow discharge for about a year. My mother told me not to worry about it but I'm getting concerned. My mother has had cervical cancer twice but I don't know if that is related. I'm a little confused because I am 18 and I'm a virgin and on all of the other boards I have...

View more questions Search