Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EdselAdams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Goodman Furnace - 3 Blinking lights, solid light w/suction on hose to pressure switch
    Hello,

I have 3 blinking lights on a Goodman GMNT080-4B gas furnace. An online manual says this is caused by "PRESSURE SWITCH FAILURE TO CLOSE" and to check: "VENTER, PRESSURE SWITCH, VENT BLOCKAGE".

One potentially useful bit of diagnostic information is that if I suck on the hose going into the pressure switch, the status light turns solid red: "NORMAL OPERATION". It returns to three blinking light immediately after I quit applying suction.

My assumption is that the blower assembly is not producing enough suction to pull the switch closed. Is there an easy way to determine of the problem is the switch or the blower motor?

Any other advice greatly appreciated and nothing is too basic. This is my first foray into the working of the furnace.

Thank you.

Lewis
    EdselAdams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Here is a quick update on the problem we experienced. It was caused by condensation in the PVC pipe leading to the outside of the house. The pipe was not sloped sufficiently. In fact over one section it actually sloped the wrong way. As a result, condensation quickly built up in the pipe reducing airflow to the point that the furnace would not ignite. The pipe did gurgle quite a bit. Once the pipe was sloped so that the condensation drained correctly, all of our hvac trouble evaporated - no more gurgling either. It has been several weeks since that repair with no sign of trouble or any abnormal delay in ignition.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Glad you got it fixed, thanks for the update. And sorry We missed your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace - 3 Blinking lights [ 26 Answers ]

I have a Goodman model GMNT 080 4B. The furnace start like normal but when the temperature reaches about 64 degrees I receive an error light. The fan continues to run but the burners do not. I have already tried cleaning the flame sensor but the problem continued. The error indicator light...

Goodman furnace with 3 blinking lights and furnace has flame roll back [ 7 Answers ]

I have a GMNT-080-4B Some times I get a 3 blink light issue and then when it starts it has a flame roll back. Also I have to change the ignitor every year. Any help would be great

What makes a venter pressure switch close on a Goodman furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I just had a new condrnsate pump installed. Is it possible that it was not connected correctly?. As I said before, I've repaced the pressure switch and it worked the first time I started my furnace.

Goodman Furnace Pressure Switch [ 9 Answers ]

When my furnace tries to come on it blinks 3 times which tells me my pressure switch failed to close. I went and got another one and put on and it is still doing the same thing. When I jumper it out the furnace comes on and works normally. I checked the vent and it is free of debris. Is it...

Goodman Janitrol Furnace pressure switch fills with condesate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Janitrol gas FHA furnace which has been shutting down due to the pressure control switch line fills with condensate. The furnace is vented to the outside and is about 15-20 yrs. Old. Any ideas as to what the problem may be and how to correct it?

View more questions Search