Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanemalhotra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
    A gay marrying a gal without telling her he is a gay
    This happened a in India, where a NRI married their GAY son with an innocent girl who didn't know that guy is a gay. After the arrange marriage Guy started behaving badly with the Girl and told her that he is a GAY. Her marriage was not registered and both parties agreed to nullify the marriage.

Now it happens to be the case where I started talking to that girl for marriage and after 2 weeks she told me that this happened 7 years back. I really like her and in love with her. I am not sure what the earlier marriage meant. If I marry her, would it be considered as second marriage? I am highly confused. Please advise
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Why does it matter ?
    ITgeek Posts: 15, Reputation: -3

Nov 6, 2011, 09:29 PM
    Legally it would not be a second marriage. Yeah she had a wedding but clearly that wasn't a marriage. She was just being honest and upfront with you, very admirable quality. If you love her why are you worrying about something that wasn't her fault?
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
    This question is difficult to answer because I would need to establish a cultural/social context for the question. Also it would be important to know why it would matter if this is indeed a second marriage. I know India has different marriage customs from America. Maybe in India it would matter about the second marriage, but in the USA it would not matter. So inorder for me to give a thoughtful answer, I would need to know the cultural significance of a second marriage, as well as the definition of NRI. Also was the marriage consummated?
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 2, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITgeek View Post
    Legally it would not be a second marriage. Yeah she had a wedding but clearly that wasnt a marriage. She was just being honest and upfront with you, very admirable quality. If you love her why are you worrying about something that wasnt her fault??
    Are you sure this would not be considered a second marriage? What are the laws and customs in India regarding such a thing? I do hope this man and woman can be together if it is God's will and they truly love each other. However, we cannot negate the siginificance of the legal and social restraints. But I do not know what those retraints would be - if any, so I cannot speak to the subject.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 3, 2012, 05:52 AM
    I'm with msdebdardx4 on this. Also, what is NRI?
    Wouldn't the parents of the girl be interested in a lawsuit or some sort of religious sanction against the parents of the boy? We don't know what religion it is... is there a Hindu (if Hindu) way to annul a marriage that wasn't consummated?

Hopefully some answers about all that will provide some answers about how you can view this as a first or second marriage, if that is important to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a bi guy becomes more gay by acting on the gay side? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a 29-year-old bi guy, more on the gay side, physically and sexually but not emotionally speaking. Now I'm not in a relationship with either gender but I feel I shouldn't have acted on gay feelings at all. Ok, I might enjoy a quickie with males but I don't feel fulfilled after. Whereas...

Will telling my wife I'm gay affect divorce/custody in SC? [ 4 Answers ]

I am seriously considering a divorce and want to tell my wife the real reason I want out. I am concerned that by telling her, it will affect the divorce and custody of our child in a negative way towards myself. We live in South Carolina and I can't find any information one way or the other. I...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

View more questions Search