Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leisa35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Bleaching Creams
    I am looking for a skin bleaching product that actually works
    beautybabe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Hi- I am an esthitician. Here's the honest truth- any product you use is NO miracle product. Even professional expensive treatments. However, you can get results, resonable results, with the right product and the right amount of time and use.
    Hydroquinone or kojic acid are two potent lightening ingredients that work well when used correctly. They actually affect suppress the melanin in the skin. They do not "bleach" the skin like people say. When applied to the affected area, over time they fade because the skin does not produce any more dark pigment. However, you MUST use sunscreen with this product or it will make your skin WORSE and might not be fixable. Also, certain(dark) ethnic skin types develop a reaction to hydroquinone that causes the pigment to get permanently darker. So do a small spot check first to make sure this doesn't happen. Also, follow application directions EXACTLY as stated and do not use longer than recommended or you could get darker pigment as well.
    Other products claim to lighten skin and typically do so by exfoliating the skin layers via acids or antioxidants. They work to some degree.
    More intense treatments include medical grade peels done by a professional. These do work as long as you protect your face from duture sun use.
    A general rule, hydroquinone products should be about a 2% strength. Any higher and it is POTENT and should be used CAREFULLY.
    Goodluck!
    tiara robyn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 02:31 PM

Hq has its own bad effects I say try something natural... sk:n tech has a product blending and bleaching cream it works for me, its usually used after chemical peels but it really works! xoxo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin bleaching [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I have been trying for many years to bleach my skin clour and nothing has worked so far does any know what else I could do? Any cream or pills that are working for real? Thanks!

Skin Creams [ 1 Answers ]

Besides makeup and sunscreen, is any other product ineffective to apply after the cream or moisturizer?

Bleaching? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to dye parts of my hair either blue or purple. Since my hair is virgin, (and dark brown) how should I do this? Is there a good product to use since I'm doing this at home? Please... any suggestions!

View more questions Search