Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Qwerasdfzxcv Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 03:44 AM
    He's always going out and leaving me hanging
    I'm going to put this simple! Been with my boyfriend a year and some change. Lately he's always going out to bars, chillin with his friends. I understand people need space. But leaving at 9-10 in the morning and not coming back till 9-10 at night I think is too much. He's always with his friends and his friends have no worries and mess with anything that gives them attention. It's the weekend of Halloween and he went to a lake resort party a hour away from where we stay he didn't tell me he was going didn't answer my calls answer my texts nothing. Did I mention he left at 6:00 this morning and he got back at 2am . I checked his phone pockets car and even smelt his clothes didn't find nothing out of the ordinary but still I find that a little disrespectful I feel he's not putting himself in my shoes.

Am I overacting or should I start rethink about the relationship?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Oct 30, 2011, 07:52 AM
    Have you spoken to him about this? Does he work?

Also, how old is he? Younger men like to go out with friends more often. How often does he go out like this? It's normal to do so every once a week or so, and since you've found nothing out of the ordinary, I wouldn't worry.

X Dani

Oct 30, 2011, 11:51 AM
    Yes we talked about it and he just says he wants space . He is 24 and never went out like this before he's been going out at least every other day or every couple days. And no he does NOT work he's not even looking for work
    StephAnderson Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Its selfish behaviour and a blatant disregard for your feelings. You need to make it clear to him exactly how he makes you feel.
    Have you spoken to him and if so, what was his reaction?

Steph

Sorry, I know my post was unclear. I know you said you'd spoken to him, but I mean have you told him you're upset, or did you just point out the behaviour?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2011, 12:53 PM
    You cannot expect to change him. All you can do, if you are still trying to make this work, is talk your problems out with him and see if he is willing to change for the sake of the relationship. You also need to stop checking his stuff, repect his privacy. If there is no trust, then there is no relationship anyway.

You have two choices. One is to accept the way he is and accept of how he is going to treat you. Or the other one, which is to break up with this person and try to find someone who is more willing to accommodate to your needs.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 01:15 PM
    24 not working, not even looking? Parties all the time, and ignores you? That's a guy who can't be ready for a serious healthy relationship, so rethink this whole thing.

How does he afford to party like that?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 2, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Sounds like a bit of a loser to me.
    If he is not working there is no reason he cannot be spending time with you when you are available.
    Why do you stay?

Nov 3, 2011, 01:57 AM
    Thanks I love all the feed back

He gets money from his little hustles and from his parents I have spoken with his numerous times and told him how I feel and my opinion but nothing changed

We broke up but he wants me to come over

I'm back... Well last time I was here he was always leaving and never had time. Just a couple days ago we broke up because he never had time, he was going a lot more, and left me hanging. The past couple days have been a fight with him but today he called about his mail then we hung up the phone. He called back less then ten minutes later asking me about my day and what I did I told him about my day. He kept asking me if I missed him, told me he missed me and was dreaming about me and what not. I'm surprised he called because our last conversations weren't to nice. Now he's asking me to go over tomorrow and stay the night with him. I want to because I miss him but at the same time I don't want to be sucked into his game.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Nov 3, 2011, 04:42 AM
    Keep yourself busy. You broke up for a reason, right? Have a night out with the girls. And if he asks you again, or for a different date, come clean and say you don't think it's a good idea.

X Dani
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 07:32 AM
    Then you need to walk. You don't stay in a bad situation hoping it will change.
    Unless he is wanting to change, the situation won't and he is unwilling to change.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 12:32 PM
    You deserve better. He has a lot of growing to do, so let him grow without you. Giving in to his wanting a booty cal is bad news and rewards his behavior. Ignoring him completely, and telling him to change his mail or it gets thrown away would send a message that you are not putting up with his crap any longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm confused. Should I keep hanging with her? [ 3 Answers ]

I'll put two questions here so that I don't have to do 2 posts. Also, the two questions have to do with the same story. I hope you don't mind. Story first: about a month ago, I went to a birthday of a friend of mine and I met two girls who interested me. One is smart, attractive and fun. Let's...

My aunt said there is something hanging out of her something is just hanging? [ 1 Answers ]

OK my aunt is 38 weeks pregnant and she has been hurting in her pelvic bone today just a few minutes ago she said there is something hanging out of her down their what could that be

Hanging out [ 1 Answers ]

OK everyday I see my girlfriend then after every Friday we hang out then just today she said we don't hang out at all so I don't no what to do

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

View more questions Search