Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kchandra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Refrigerator not working
    Hi,

I am Chandra. Our refrigerator (Maytag) is not functioning properly. The freezer works but the other compartments do not. Please advise.

Thank you.

Sincerely
    Chandra
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 09:04 AM
    The cold air from the freezer is circulated into the refrigerator side to cool it down. Sounds like the circulation is not happening. Could be th fan is not longer operational or your coils may be blocked by frost. In the rear of the refrigerator your should be able to see a grill or removeable panel. Remove that and inspect for frosted coils. You can melt the frost but it may return if your door seals are leaking room air into the frig.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Refrigerator water dispenser intermittently working [ 229 Answers ]

I have a GE side-by-side refrigerator with a ice maker and water dispenser. In the last 3-4 months the water dispenser shuts off intermittently, but comes back to life on its own. I have changed the water filter as well as cleaned the water line, but haven't been able to identify the problem. The...

Refrigerator water not working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a GE side by side refrigerator (not sure what model) it is about 7 years old. The water in door is not working. The ice maker is working fine, but no water.. what could be the problem? Thanks

Refrigerator not working well. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE refrigerator, and the fresh food section acts like a storage area and the freezer acts like a refrigerator. Any help?

Amana Refrigerator -Water and ICE not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a old AMANA side by side fridge. Its front water dispenser and ICE making process has stopped. I replaced filter but no luck. When I open filter there is vacume like suction inside and when I put it back water dispenser works for couple times and stops again. ICE is not working all the time....

View more questions Search