Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Corian countertops
    Hello everyone. How about the world series? Good series ey? Well anyway, I purchased kitchen cabinets and corian counter tops from a previous home. I had to cut the counter tops to get them home. They are three pieces glued together as one. Can any one tell me how to glue them back without leaving a seam? And do I glue the bottom of the counters to the kitchen cabinets? If so what type of glue do I use?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 29, 2011, 04:39 PM
    You don't want to hear this but you can't glue them back together without leaving a seam. Only someone trained in the use and installation of Corian could do that. You need a special Corian glue, seam supports, and specific sanding/finishing methods.

Generally, you use silicone to spot glue the deck to the cabinets.
    FabioBrazil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 08:04 AM
    My friend, as a solid surface fabricator living in Brazil I can tell you to find a fabricator near your home, and ask him if he could do it for you... (there is a price of course). I don´t believe that you get a good result by yourself, because you ill need some tools (router, sander etc... ) and the special joint adesive, to prepare and finish de joint.
    Than, he can glue the counter to you gabinet using a regular silicone adesiv.
    Fabio-São Paulo Brazil
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
    See response to this question for general concept.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/interi...op-387706.html
    kidolph Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Oct 31, 2011, 05:33 AM
    You may find this web page helpful. It was written with the reuse of Corian tops in mind.

Seaming Corian® - art specialties international, inc.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best way to cut corian countertops? [ 7 Answers ]

I am just learning how to work with Corian countertops and I would like to know exactly what I should be doing since I don't have much room for error.

How do you shave down Corian countertops? [ 2 Answers ]

I ust bought a new gas stove to replace our old electric stove. We had Corian countertops installed a couple of years ago, and they installed the counter right up against the old stove. We are now trying to fit the new stove, and it is a 'hair' too wide for the existing opening. Can I just sand...

Corian countertops [ 1 Answers ]

How to cut corian countertops

Countertops, granite, corian [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for some wording to put on a resume for fabricating, installing, layout, etc for granite countertops

Refinishing Corian countertops [ 0 Answers ]

Please advise me on technigue to buff out corian from years of use and occasional scrubbing marks from scour pads. No deep wounds to surface, just dull and scuffed.

View more questions Search