Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masterevil1990 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Car air intake
    Ok... On a 1990 civic at the rear of the throttle body there is a connecter with 2 small hoses... One leads up into the air intake and the other into the throttthe... What is this part called
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Idle Air Control Valve (IACV).

Oct 28, 2011, 01:18 PM
    No its not the iacv.. I've located that... this part is maybe 2 inches long and has more of a plug on it

I've added an attachment showing its general location
    Attached Images

Oct 28, 2011, 01:25 PM
    The circled hose connects to the part I'm looking for
    Attached Images

Oct 29, 2011, 03:38 PM
    Car air intake
    Ok... On a 1990 civic at the rear of the throttle body there is a connecter with 2 small hoses... One leads up into the air intake and the other into the throttle.. Its not the iacv but in this picture I've circled the hose that leads into this part...
    Attached Images

odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 29, 2011, 04:22 PM
    Do you have any pictures of the actual part you're talking about? Just a circled hose could really be anything. Maybe if you can give us clear pics of the part we could help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate size of air intake for air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

We have replaced our air conditioner and it has a higher capacity than the old one. We were told to increase the size of our air intake, but I am not sure how they calculated the square footage (they told us to double the size). How do you calculate the proper size of the air intake? Any...

Intake air from outside? [ 1 Answers ]

For 95% new gas furnace

Air Intake Vent has very cold air coming out of it [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane air conditioning unit. My blower is located in my garage, which connects to the main air intake vent just inside my house. Just recently at the base of the vent where the air is taken in, it is noticeably cold. (very cold). Any ideas what might be the cause?

Will increasing the air intake allow the air conditoner to cool the house better? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2400 sq ft house that was built in 2000. We were told by an air conditioner sales rep that our air conditioner is almost too small for our house. However, he said that if we increase the air intake by cutting another hole in the ceiling it should improve it. Meaning that on the hot 107...

Car won't start after changed INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I car has not start for awhile because I haven't have a chance to look at it but last week I work it for the weekend. The reason it didn't start because it doesn't have any spark and the ECM has 3 fried transistor so I put another ECM from the 1995 CIVIC LX. By the way, the car that has...

View more questions Search