Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FaultyTech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 11:48 AM
    Touchscreen Monitor Help.
    Hi,

I am looking for a touchscreen monitor, preferably small, that can be accessed from a PC via WiFi and be given control over specific abilities, such as audio.

The original idea I had was to put some speakers in a room, say the kitchen, and have a small touchscreen display mounted in the wall that was connected to the PC via WiFi and could have music streamed to it. Also that display could control the program the music was playing from and the audio level.

A problem I have thought of is that the monitor would have to be attached to something with some kind of OS or would have to have the capability to have an OS loaded onto it.

I originally thought to use a cable and have the monitor act as an extension of the desktop, but depending on the cable used, and having it professionally installed could get pricey. So if a WiFi network were utilized, it could drastically reduce the cost of setup, especially if it was a preexisting home network.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2011, 04:30 PM
    Any of the tablets should do what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor works with DVI but when change to DFP monitor, it doesn't work! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre that works with a DVI monitor. There is a DFP output but when I try to use that with a regular monitor (I know it is good), I don't get any picture. I am not able to keep the DVI monitor. Any suggestions? Do I change something in bios or just get a cable the is dvi...

Is there a honeywell touchscreen thermostat with separate O & B wires? [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a honeywell touchscreen thermostat that has six-wire compatibility (R, W, Y, G, and O and B wires)? I know there's one from White Rodgers but was wondering if anyone knew of one from honeywell?

View more questions Search