Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FaultyTech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 10:58 AM
    Need Help with a wireless setup idea.
    Hi,

If I wanted to remotely interface with my home PC, say with a small touchscreen monitor over a wireless network, what would be the best way to go about doing that?

Any recommendations or even alternate ideas are appreciated,
    Thank You.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 28, 2011, 11:29 AM
    There are a number of remote applications, even ones support on Android.
    I'm currently trialling a similar idea with a Lenovo tab and RSA VPN on Android.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Oct 28, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Depends. Is you touch screen monitor just a monitor or is it a touch screen computer by itself.
    Monitor stan alone - The only way I see this happening is to get a 2 piece of hardware kit, a transmiter and receiver. I know they exist but haven't physically seen it.
    Stand Alone PC + Touch screen - Just install remote admin software. Unfortunately most remote admin software requires you to setup port forwarding on your router, that's if you connect via a router. (ADSL for example)

Hope this helps
    Grant Hills
    South Africa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is my wireless network connection setup [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new hard drive & had to install everything from scratch. Winxp on my Dell. Now I can't get online. I installed the software for my Intellinet wireless adapter (Dongle) & set up the Network Key, etc. & it shows no connection detected. What is up? What do I need to do now? Am I missing...

Problems with Wireless Router Setup [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to setup a DI-714P+ Wireless Router. I can not access the IP 192.168.0.1 address as required by the manual for Router definition. I use window XP SP3, IE8 and Kasparsky Internet Security 2010.

Setup wizzard can't find wireless usb adaptor. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have tried using a 54g Belkin 802.11g wireless usb adaptor to connect a 3rd PC to my network. The setup wizzard keeps saying it can't find the device. I have used an same adaptor to connect the second PC with success. I have tried the usual restarting, taking out and reinserting the...

Howto setup wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 laptop and 2 desktop, I want to connect them in wireless network. Can anybody sent me a manual for reference? Thanks to all, Zent

Wireless Bluetooth Setup [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Help! I am having trouble installing my bluetooth connection to be able to connect with my mobile phone. I have followed the instructions exactly but I keep getting the message below. B]Cannot use connection type. Check that all the needed hardware, software and drivers are available. ...

View more questions Search