Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilsonwilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 04:56 PM
    White fluffy mould on interior brickwork
    I live in a converted warehouse with very old exposed brickwork inside. For a while I have started to smell mould on one side of the room. I have just lifted a poster to find lots of white fluffy mould underneath. Now that I look closer there is a very thin layer of white over most of the wall. And a lot of the brick is crumbling off, which I have read is efflorescence? But I'm sure that some of what I'm seeing is mould. What is the best way to treat this situation? And importantly prevent it from returning. Will it help once we turn the central heating on?

Check out some similar questions!

White powder on bricks interior [ 3 Answers ]

My fireplace interior walls have a white powder on them it looks like mildew is on the brick also. How can I get raid of this?

Cleaning old white brick interior walls [ 1 Answers ]

My parents have a house built in the 50's- with a white/cream brick wall in the kitchen area. I would like to clean it, but don't know what to use. It's a rough texture. Does anyone know how I should clean it?

Fluffy batter [ 6 Answers ]

I recently got a deep fryer I have tried a few different things With fish and chicken I would like to make a batter that turns out Fluffy/puffy how do I do this? Thanks mike

Damp brickwork [ 1 Answers ]

We've had an extraordinary amount of rain this season, our home is built out of clay blocks and the dampness has caused a white salty looking substance to accumilate on the inside walls, especially on the mortar. Can any tell me the best method of removing this. I have tried brushing it off but...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.