Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hazmat1013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 04:31 PM
    In addition to the gas produced, an aqueous solution of zinc chloride is also produce
    In addition to the gas produced, an aqueous solution of zinc chloride is also produced. Write the formula for this compound.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Think about this, we don't do homework. BUT Zinc, ZN, reacts with an acid to form a flammable gas and a Aqueous, i.e. water, solution of Zinc and the acid salt. Now, what acids can you think of? What flammable gas can you think of?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2011, 09:53 PM
    Well, strictly speaking, there aren't enough information given and there might and there is surely many many more reactions yielding a gas and zinc chloride.

But that said, the formula for zinc is Zn and not ZN. Zinc chloride contains only zinc and chlorine, what is the valency of zinc? What is the valency of chlorine? What should be the formula for zinc chloride?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does benzaldehyde produce a neutral solution in water? [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if it really does, but the result of my experiment indicates that it does. The same goes for acetone and acetophenone. Thanks. I really need to know.

How different gas affect pH in aqueous solution [ 3 Answers ]

I have 3 different dish but in all there the same concentration of H2SO4(Sulfuric acid). 1) to the first dish infuse HCl gas how is affect on the pH that in the dish ? 2) to the second dish infuse N2 gas here I know because N2 is an a inert gas so there is no affect on the pH. 3)to...

How to convert Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate (ZnSO4.H2O) to Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate (Zn [ 1 Answers ]

How to convert Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate (ZnSO4.H2O) to Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate (ZnSO4.7H2O). Please understand it is not as "simple" as mixing Zinc Sulfate Monohydrste it with excess water and boiling it up to 1500 gravity and then waiting for it to crystalize as zinc Sulfate Heptahydrate.

View more questions Search