Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caleblt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 02:39 PM
    1984 4 cylinder
    I have a 1984 4 cylinder 50hp mercury, I had problems with the carb that turned out to be the float in one of the carbs was bad so I changed that out. I also put a new water pump and new front and rear sills on the lower unit. After changing these all of these out I've had problems getting to motor to run right. It get full rpms when I have the muffs on it but when I put it in the water and try to put a load on it it won't build rpms at all. I also changed the spark plugs so I know its not those. Can anyone give me an idea as to what it might be?

Check out some similar questions!

1984 kawasaki kx 80 just won't start! [ 12 Answers ]

I recently got a 1984 kawasaki kx 80 that hasnt run for about 17 years but still ran when the person last tried. I have been working on it and found some flaws and fixed them, however the bike will not run. It has gas, compression, spark, and exhaust flow. I have kicked it about 1000 times and it...

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry? [ 1 Answers ]

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry?

Reading 1984 [ 3 Answers ]

I love reading and many times George Orwell's classic, 1984, has been suggested to me. I bought the book, but I can't seem to get past the first 45 pages, which I keep reading over and over, with little understanding of what is going on. I guess I am just looking for some motivation and some...

1984 Mercury Outboard 4 Cylinder 50HP problem [ 0 Answers ]

Ok,the motor idles good but when you try to get to full throttle the boat is hard to come out of the water and will not plane off like it used to. It seems like it will not hit full rpm's. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.