Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hehehe123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Ask a chemistry question?
    A cylinder with s capacity of 4.0L is filled with oxygen to a pressure of 1500kPa. How much oxygen, measured at standard pressure, does this cylinder contain?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2011, 09:48 PM
    You mean standard temperature?

If so, then assume the gas being ideal and use the ideal gas equation.

Be careful of your units though. :)
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Oct 28, 2011, 06:31 AM
    You can even skip the right-hand side of the ideal gas equation, and just remember that the product of pressure and volume (i.e. the left side of the equation) remains constant as long as temperature doesn't change.

Thus, you can say PV(before)=PV(after), where the pressure and volume on the left side of the equation represent the conditions in the cylinder, while the right-hand side represents the conditions after the pressure has been decreased to standard pressure. Since you know both P and V on the left side, as well as P on the right side, that leaves V on the right side as the only unknown, and you simply need to solve for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry question about Organic Chemistry [ 9 Answers ]

Could you explain to me why I ended up with two marks out of a possible 6 in these questions? I think that I answered them correctly but I am not sure so I would like your help so that then I may tell my instructor.

Please help me with this Chemistry question. Please. [ 5 Answers ]

At a pressure of 1 atmosphere and a temperature of 25 °C, 500 cm3 of the gas HX has a mass of 0.400 g. Calculate the value of the relative atomic mass of X and hence identify element X. (You should assume that 1 mole of gas occupies 24.5 dm3, and 1 dm3 = 1000 cm3. Assume the relative atomic mass...

Chemistry question about mass [ 1 Answers ]

0.325g sample of gaseous hydrocarbon (consists of carbon and hydrogen only), occupies A volume of 193mL at 749mmHg and 26.1ºC. Determine the molecular mass, and draw a plausible Lewis structure for this hydrocarbon My question about this question what is "a volume of 193mL at 749mmHg and...

Ask a chemistry question [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the net ionic equation of solid barium sulfite and hydrochloric acid? Confused whether to break down the compound BaSo3 into its ionic form.

Chemistry Question [ 2 Answers ]

How do you develop a Time Clock used in an experiment when determining a rate of reaction?

View more questions Search