Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fr8slazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 12:34 PM
    I tried the weights but still having a problem ceiling fan wobbles in higher speed
    I am having a real problem getting my ceiling fan balanced. Seems okay in the lowest speed but any higher and it wobbles. This fan does seem to be on an arm that goes into the ceiling fixture that my other didn't. I figured this was some sort of adjustment thing for oh say vaulted or slanted ceilings and when I push/lean the fan a little which moves this arm/extension thing (sorry don't know what it is to properly name it other than extension) it seems to help the wobble a little but am really not sure. Do I need weights on more than one blade? Maybe I am not putting enough on - the ones that came with the fan seem awful small to have any kind of weight to them or really do anything.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Make sure all of the blades are tight and that the arms are properly fixed to the motor. Watch the blades track and see if one is out of track with the others. Sometimes you need more weight but I also find a number of blade arms that aren't properly fitted and tightened

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed problem [ 3 Answers ]

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Delano model) was professionally installed and worked as advertised. Last time I turned it on, however, I found it only worked on high speed. The remote will turn it on/off and reverse it. I hear something from the fan (a click) when I push the "slow" button, but it...

Remote control on ceiling fan works for lights but doesn't work on fan on/off, speed [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control.. the remote control works on the lights to turn them on and off but will not turn on/off fan or contol speed. What's wrong.

Are there devices that converts low speed high torque input to higher speed lower to [ 3 Answers ]

I know transmissions, gearboxes and reductors convert high speed low torque input to lower speed higher torque output but are there devices that do the opposite?

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

View more questions Search