Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 07:18 AM
    This is the greatest thread ever!!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 07:23 AM
    WARNING may contain saddness.

Dear Dad,

It will be 9 years this year that you left us, I have no pictures of you up anywhere that anyone can see because my memories of you are far from pleasant, you see I am not ever going to be able to remember the good times I was just to young all I see is the hurt you caused and the mess you left behind.
    Never will I understand why you became the way you did but you never did find your answer at the end of a vodka bottle did you?
    11 years old I was when you stopped being my dad and turned into this washed out pathetic mess that even my mum was to afraid to question all the screaming and the mental abuse no wonder I became such a hard faced person.
    The day you died I was 230 miles away I hadn’t seen you for 5 weeks but I made sure that mum had you see a dr and the day the blood results came back we all knew in our hearts it wouldn’t be long even you knew it deep down yet you wouldn’t stop you carried on destroying yourself until the end.
    That dr told us 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years but what’s destroying you is also keeping you alive true to that dr’s word 6 weeks later you had gone.
    I think what annoys me most is seeing my daughter and my sister’s children and knowing how much you would have loved being a grandparent and yet you couldn’t see the next day let alone 10 years on.
    All you left was a huge hole of hurt in all of us your funeral was memorable for all the wrong reasons and ill never forgive your cousin for that either my so called god father indeed but that’s another story.
    You hurt us you mentally destroyed a fair part of me and as for my mum well heck I do not even want to go there.
    I look at my life and I am by no means bitter towards you anymore its surprising when someone who has hurt you so much passes away that you forgive them of everything my only comfort is looking at the sea as that’s where you reside in the deep blue where you wanted to be maybe one day ill be able to tell Millie that’s where granddad is and that he would have loved her with all his mite despite everything.
    Guess I just wanted to say I love you and I forgive you because you helped make me what I am today.
    Laura
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 07:28 AM
    I just love you Laura.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Dear Ex,

You're still a rat bastard, aren't you? I had your baby, and you supported me through the pregnancy. Guess it was cool to prove that you actually DID get in my pants, huh?

But afterwards, when I was suicidal witih post-partum depression, and couldn't deal with the adoption and the loss of our child, where the he! Were you? Out with your "just friend" Laura!

I never understood you dating her... she looked more like a man than you did! I was incredibly happy to hear she had cheated on you and left you for the guy she was cheating with... just like you did to me.

Thanks for destroying my self-esteem and making me believe that no guy but you would ever date me, especially after having your baby. Thanks for making sure that I had no friends to talk to after you left me. Thanks for breaking up with me the day I came back from the psych ward of the hospital... because you "just couldn't deal with me being sad all of the time". She was YOUR baby too! Couldn't you feel ANYTHING?

I hear you're working a crappy job and still doing drugs. I hope that the women dumb enough to date you after you dumped me each gave you a new and different disease. I hope you die in a rollover accident that lights your car on fire.

Most of all, though, I hope you live the rest of your life with everyone who knows her denying you any information about your daughter.

Synn.

PS... this guy dumped me 15 years ago, and I'm STILL mad at him!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 12:17 PM
    You know... writing that letter made me feel better though, even 15 years later.

Allheart... great idea!

The rest of you... many hugs. You rock.
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Feb 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Dear Ex,

I want to feel anger toward you, I really do. But I know you're not the sort of person who deserves that. I know you got into something a bit too big a bit too fast and didn't know what to do about it, so you did the only thing you felt you could do...

The only thing I regret, and the only thing I'll ever regret, is that we couldn't have been friends, after it was all said and done. If you ever need me, I'll be there for you... But don't expect me to come looking for you, ever again. You made that impossible. I hope it was worth it. Good luck in finding what you need to find.

Love,
    LeakingBallPoint
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Feb 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Deαr ex,
    I hope the best in your cαreer in fαst food. Mαy eαch burger mαde αnd fry cooked remind you why it wαs such α good ideα to cheαt on me with mαcdonαld's girl thαt just left you for your mαnαger.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Dear ex,

I hope you find what you are looking for. I'm just so sorry you could not find that within me, yet I just have this feeling that one day you will have second thoughts about what matters and what it is you really need or even desire. The consequences of your decisions result sometimes in regret and I fear this for you. One thing to remember is that it is better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved before.

I wish you well in your journey of self-discovery.

Love

The man who truly did care
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 02:26 PM
    As Synnen said, You guys rock!!

Each of you, I am so proud of all of you. You took this ball and ran with it and kicked some serious butt!!

Just thought I would let you know that :).
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Feb 7, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Dear Ex,

If you skip again tomorrow, I will not care. I will stop caring if we lose contact with each other. You were once someone that I cared about, I hate for it to end this way. But I don't think I deserve to be treated this way anymore. I should stop trying to be friends with someone who simply don't care. It'll just make me sad.

Good luck in life.

But if one day you remember me, and regret cutting me completely out of your life, I hope you have the courage to try to contact me. I'll greet you warmly with open arms.

Love,

The girl that still wants to be friends
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Ok I had been holding back on writing because unlike most of you I'm not mad at my ex about anything and can't be for some reason so it might be really wussy!! So it won't be filled with anger but rather just how I feel about her. It doesn't actually reflect the extent of which I have moved on (because I have so much) but more just how I can look back at our relationship which quite frankly I'm grateful for. Im glad I can look back and smile as opposed to look back and scowl!! So I didn't want to do it but ill give it a try!!

Dear ex,

I will get the negative part out of the way first so we can finish on a high. Unlike our relationship ;) Sorry for the many mistakes I made during our time together. There isn't a day goes by that I don't wish I could change some of those mistakes but I realise now that I made them to learn the valuable lessons from them that I have and know now that I will never make them again. And you're forgiven for any mistakes you made, not that there were many! I'm not mad and never have been at you for anything. Least of all letting me go. How could I be mad at anyone for being completely honest with me and themselves and following their heart! So that's the sorry out of the way. I'm not ever saying it again!

Thank you for being that special and amazing person that you were to me and no doubt continue to be so to so many others. Your smile and warmth would light up any room and I'm so happy and grateful that we shared such a massive part of our lives together. It will never be forgotten.

Thank you for letting me in to your life and being my best friend for 10 years. I miss a lot of things about you and us. The fun and the laughter, the hugs, and even the sad times and hardship we went through. But I think most of all I just miss my best mate in the whole world!!

Thank you for teaching me so many valuable lessons about life. About how to smile and be generous and caring to others even in the face of your own personal torture and adversity! Thank you for teaching me how to love and be loved in return and to understand that life is never really that bad!

And sadly I even have to thank you for ending the amazing thing we had and shared. Because if you didn't I wouldn't have learnt the invaluable and life changing lessons I have about myself over the past 12 months and am continuing to learn each day. You have given me the opportunity to grow and achieve things that I would never have tucked away under your loving wings. So thank you for not just making me such a better person in the time that we spent together but also continuing to make me a better person long after you're gone.

Its sad that you can't be in my life to see first hand what you've helped achieve but you should be proud that you left me a lot better person than the one you met. So I'm sure one day there will be another lucky girl who will also have to thank you as I am, because they will get a much happier and healthier man than the one you knew. Just as I know there is another lucky man out there who will be as blessed as I was because he will get to spend his life with someone so beautiful as you to make him smile and laugh every day just as you did to me. I know you will find what you went looking for!!

Thank you my beautiful girl (that was my corny nickname for her - LOL)

Love always,

Skell
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Sh1t!!

I didn't realise I wrote so much! Sorry everyone. I just started typing and it kept coming out!!

Anyway I think it was good for me to do that!! Reminded me again not to take things for granted and to be thankful for the good things we have!

Great thread Allheart!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Really Skell, I could only hope that someone, would write something like that for me.
    Boy, just beautiful and honest.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Thank you. I just started to type and it all come out. It does make you feel better though!

All of the letters here are great because they reflect what people are feeling.

This should be a sticky thread for anyone to come here to post a letter about how they feel at that time. And they can come back and post another letter as often as they like.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I like that Skell.

There may be a day that pops up that you need to say one more thing.

Really nice thought Skell.

Gets it out there without any fear of how its viewed, without any fear that it will go ignored.
    It accomplishes what it needs to and that is to just free us from those feelings or thougths we try to push aside while trying to heal at the same time.
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Feb 7, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I'm amazed that you don't feel bitterness for someone who dumped you after 10 years for what sounds like wildness and nothing more, Skell... YOu're a good man, to say the least! I wish you good luck and good feelings in the future.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    I'm amazed that you don't feel bitterness for someone who dumped you after 10 years for what sounds like wildness and nothing more, Skell.... YOu're a good man, to say the least! I wish you good luck and good feelings in the future.
    Thanks LBP!!

We were best friends for 10 years but in a relationship for 7! That was what made us last so long I think. The fact that we were best friends before hand!

And bitterness. I just don't feel it!! As I said I can't be angry at her for being honest and open about her feelings. Although I didn't like the decisions at the time, I can respect it! We went through a lot together and I have always said if there is one person in this world that I know that deserves to find happiness then it is her. I would never deny her that!

Oh and myself. I deserve happiness too ;)

But thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated and the thoughts are reciprocated.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
    My Dearest Poptito,

I'm sorry that it had to end this way. I just couldn't get used to you and your other 3 personalities demanding to know why you were not an expert in your chosen field of BS. I never fully understood why you felt the need to research and send emails to people you didn't know or have anything to do with in order to prove your sanity. It seemed to me that might backfire. You screamed and changed colors to prove to me I was wrong. I'm not so sure that worked. In the end I laughed, you cried, but we shared each other even if for only a short time. I'm hoping that we can still remain friends... You with me, ane me with all of your many personalities.

Love Chuff

PS. Did you get my 3 green boxes?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2007, 09:18 PM
    LOL how sweet. You know the drill no contact for 3 months try and live without her and get those green boxes elsewhere. 3 months, one for each love you lost.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Feb 8, 2007, 01:57 AM
    I agree with Skell that this could be a thread where people should come back and post new letters if they wish, I know myself I change moods dramatically and its so good to express these feelings... thanks so much allheart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend 'ex' had their child [ 6 Answers ]

The baby was born 3weeks ago now , and everything seemed great at first the way my boyfriend was acting about the whole situation actually made us closer.. He was at the birth of their child , and see the child everyday up at the mothers house.. That's the only issue I have. Is it wrong? I...

Open letter to ALL members of the forum [ 2 Answers ]

This is just an open letter to all relationship forum members. I and Im sure many others just wanted to thank you for the support and great advice I/they have gotten. It's strange to think how much people you have never even met care about you, but it seems to be a common theme on these forums....

Separated, but 'ex' is not legal citizen, how do I file? [ 2 Answers ]

I got married in Aug 2007 under false pretenses and am currently separated from him (although in North Carolina, I believe 'separation' is just one year of not living together, and after that year we file for divorce.) as of mid-september 2007. I never changed any of my documents (social...

An open letter to defense lawyers [ 35 Answers ]

**Author's note: The following is a piece I wrote for another place and purpose altogether; however, given the question concerning war and PC-ness, I thought I would post it here. I have not altered it, but have starred out enough letters to mute the profanity somewhat. I know such language is...

View more questions Search