Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Manny Mo Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Feb 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Marrying an Immigrant in California and Divorce
    I am on the verge of marrying a girl from Thailand and she has no money, and I have over a 100k in assets. If I marry her and do not have her sign a prenup then is she legally entitled to half my assets if we get divorced? I live in California and want to know what the rights our of the immigrant if they divorce you and how much they are entitled to or not? Also, I was told by a friend if you are married to an immigrant and within two years you can end the marriage and send them back to their country if you choose without no finfacial liability to you. Is this true?
    kfae45 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Mo
    I am on the verge of marrying a girl from Thailand and she has no money, and I have over a 100k in assets. If I marry her and do not have her sign a prenup then is she legally entitled to half my assets if we get divorced? I live in California and want to know what the rights our of the immigrant if they divorce you and how much they are entitled to or not? Also, I was told by a friend if you are married to an immigrant and within two years you can end the marriage and send them back to their country if you choose without no finfacial liability to you. Is this true?
    YES YOU CAN..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requirements to marry an immigrant [ 5 Answers ]

I am wanting to marry an immigrant from Thailand. What requirements are there? I have heard that I must make so much money per year to be able to do that. Is that true? What paperwork is needed? Also, how easy is it for illegal immigrants to marry American citizens? Is anybody checking to see if an...

Marrying a foreign [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm couirse about marrying someone from South America, since I'm a U.S. citizen. If I marry a South America, she becomes a citizen and can come home with me?

California divorce [ 6 Answers ]

I have been separated from my wife for about 4 or 5 years. We have a daughter together and have completely moved on with our lives. We get a long great but we simply have never gotten a divorce. I really need to get the process started now with my current relationship slowly moving that...

H1 marrying a F1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on H1 visa and have married a student, who is on F1. She has a job with her university and have made salary reported on W-2. I work in another state and she is studying in another state. I am thinking of filing as married filing jointly for my federal return. Please advice, what status...

Divorce And Immigration Laws In California [ 5 Answers ]

I was roughly engaged and recently got married in February at the age of 18, my boyfriend at the time was having his immigration status reviewed so he asked to push the day forward. I agreed as to the fact that we were already engaged, he was terrified of being deported because of a domestic...

View more questions Search