Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casetrue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Finding pressure
    A gas cylinder containing 6.38 mol of neon has a pressure of 491 mm Hg at 295 K. If 3.22 mol of helium is added to this cylinder, at constant temperature and volume, what will be the pressure in the cylinder?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2011, 08:30 AM
    Use the ideal gas equation?

First find the number of moles of Ne in terms of volume V and ideal gas constant R.
    Add this to the number of moles of He.
    Then use the ideal gas equation again to get the pressure in mm Hg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

Does shallow well jet pump build air pressure in the bladder or just water pressure? [ 0 Answers ]

My 40/60 3/4hp shallow well jet pump will run continuously and will not build up air pressure in the bladder. The bladder will hold pressure though. I have filled it with air and when I turn on the water it loses its pressure and when the pump kicks on it just keeps running without building the...

Finding root cause for Leaking Pressure Relief Valve [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks, Reading this forum has helped to explain that in many cases a leaking Watts brand PRV rated at 150psi is "just a symptom." I need your help in finding the root cause for the leak. I have 2 50 Gal Water heaters installed in Parallel in my garage(as I can turn off cold inlet on one...

What is the correct suction pressure and head pressure for a 3 ton tempstar heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

When the yellow jacket brand gauges are put on a 3 ton Tempstar heat pump what should the correct suction pressure and head pressure be. I suspect it to be overcharged in freon. Because it is freezing the compressor, accumulator tank and all the lines soild ice.

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

View more questions Search