Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joanner Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Pulsing water pressure to toilet
    I shut the water off at my house while I was up north for the summer (as has been done for many years first by my parents and now by me). When flushing one of the toilets, there is pulsing water going into the toilet. First I thought there was something wrong with the fill valve (Korky® QuietFill), but discovered that, if I put my hand on the water feed line, the pulse is coming from that.

Does replacing the water feed line sound like a first step in stopping the pulsing? Maybe this is a common problem and you plumbing experts might know exactly what is happening.

Looking for advice. Thanks so much.

Check out some similar questions!

Pulsing in water pipe-weird [ 10 Answers ]

I cannot figure out this pulsing/thumping in my water line. It can be felt on the incoming line from the house and make niose at the hot water heater. Can be stopped if I turn a shut off valve before the hot water heater. Before the shut off it splits to other portions of the house such as tiolets...

Pulsing water sounds and low pressure [ 2 Answers ]

We have recently noticed that our water is making a pulsing sound, and if there is more than one faucet running, the water pressure is very low, what could be the problem? Can someone please help? Could this be the pressure regualator gone bad?

Constant, rhythmic pulsing water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Tom/Mark, We have a well system and have always had powerful smooth water pressure for the past 7 years but within the last 2 months we noticed the water constantly, and very rythmically pulses not matter where at in the home the water is turned on and it is every time the water is turned...

Toilet water pressure [ 8 Answers ]

When we flush the toilet, it fills very slowly, almost drip by drip. When we turn the shut-off valve off and then back on, it fills normally most of the time. Every once in a while, though, it will almost fill and then go back to the drip drip for a moment before the toilet is full.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.