Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2011, 11:20 AM
    Online degree from Chamberlain College of Nursing
    Is this a legit school and will a degree from them be accepted?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 26, 2011, 11:25 AM
    It is an accredited college but only for registered nurses who want to take their education further to a BSN. In other words you can't become a nurse just be taking an on line course. You must attend a nurses college where there is clinical experience. On line colleges do not have clinical programmes, just theory.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Thanks tickle, it's my baby girl considering going that route, she is a RN now, doing travel nursing.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 26, 2011, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Thanks tickle, it's my baby girl considering going that route, she is a RN now, doing travel nursing.
    Good for her. They also have a course for nursing educators; step up programmes for nurses. They are located in all major centres across North America so she need not worry about the credability.

Tick
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2011, 11:37 AM
    That's about what we've been reading online, but glad to hear it from you.
    dennyem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 11:25 AM
    It is an accredited college but only for registered nurses who want to take their education further to a BSN. In other words you can't become a nurse just be taking an on line course.
    Yeah, it makes full sense to me now because I was wondering about the very same thing. I am currently in a nursing college so that qualifies me for an online education if I want that. I am actually thinking about an <a href="http://www.onlinedegrees-benedictine.com/nursing/master-in-nursing.asp">master of science in nursing</a>, I did some research on that and they have a lot of options here.
    BiancaJo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
    It seems like a good option for RN's who want to earn a BSN or MSN online, but maybe not so much for people looking to start as an RN or CNA. For what it's worth Chamberlain has a tuition discount program for online RN to BSN and online BSN to MSN programs - you have to be a member of NAHN though (national association for hispanic nursing).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor degree in nursing online? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently attending classes at my community college to receive my associates degree in nursing (RN). I would eventually like to obtain a bachelors degree in nursing. I keep hearing that getting a degree for nursing online is a bad idea. I'm not sure why. I'm curious to read some of your...

What masteral degree in nursing without thesis [ 1 Answers ]

What master degree in nursing that do not need a thesis as a requirement.

Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree [ 1 Answers ]

I can't find schools that offer this program, they are all LPN to ASN, or RN to BSN, how do I get started at nursing? :confused: :confused:

Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Has anyone found a good school online for an Associates in Nursing? Or at least start Nursing prerequisites? Thanks

View more questions Search