Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicamcclure Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 06:37 PM
    I recently was hired on as an on-site apt manager for a 16 unit building. Asked less
    I recently was hired on as an on-site apt manager for a 16 unit building.
    Asked less than a minute ago - Seattle, WA

I will not get any $ for my work only a discount off my rent. Should we do some sort of paperwork. Also when I do my taxes do I file for this? I have included the add that I was hired on for. Thanks so much for your help.We are looking for an on site Liaison / Manager to move into this 1 bedroom unit. You get paid to live HERE. We currently have a large 1bedroom unit available for the new person moving in.

The 1Bed-1bath unit (Market Rent is $725, but we offer to you at a discount rate in exchange of some work):
    NEW Storm Energy-efficient double-pane window
    New Carpet, new Vinyl flooring
    Radiant Heating (Saving electricity bill)
    Newer appliances
    Very clean
    One FREE designated parking space
    Storage available in the building
    On site laundry room
    W/s/g flat rate is $39 / month. ($10 for each additional person)
    Residents pay for electricity.
    The location is close to all amenities. Walking distance to bus lines #372, #522, #312. Easy Commute to University of Washington and downtown Seattle. Less than ten minutes to Northgate Shopping Mall.
    Move in requires 1st plus one month rent as deposit ($150 is fee) with satisfactory credit and background check. Pets are OKAY with fees.

These are the tasks we are looking for the on site Manager to perform:
    1. Liaison between Tenants and off site Property Manager, such as Report work order, complaint, deliver notice, etc.
    2. Marketing, leasing, and showing
    3. General common area upkeeping
    4. Some basic handyman maintenance skill is a PLUS -- some minor maintenance work around the property.
    5. Move in /out cleaning and handyman work will be paid extra based on hourly rate.
    6. We offer a rent deduction in exchange of your work. The credit is from $100-$200 depending on the tasks you will take on.
    7. The credit will apply at the end of the month.

Qualification of candidate:
    1. This post is open to a person who has basic office skill and handyman skill is a big PLUS.
    2. Honest, responsible, personable, and pleasant.
    3. Basic computer skill. Must have a working computer and printer with internet access!
    4. Past Experience as an onsite manager is a Plus!
    5. Contractor or handyman experience is a big plus!
    6. Has a steady working phone number/cell phone
    7. We required a credit and background check.

We estimate the total work load requires about 1-4 hours a week, or about 5-16 hours a month. If you show your ability and willingness to take on a lot of tasks as an onsite, we will pay you more. We are in need of a good On Site Manager, so this position has a huge upside, all depending on your ability and willingness.

If you are interested, please call {phone # removed}, and also send your resume to us by fax to {fax # removed}, or email to us by responding.

If you are an experienced on-site property manager or an experienced handyman or contrcator, please contact us. We may offer you more work to manage and show other properties, based on your experience.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2011, 07:30 PM
    Find out if they will be giving you a 1099.

And yes you should get everything in writing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2011, 08:02 PM
    Agree, well first I feel you are being way underpaid, at 100 to 200 discount, I would think 1/2 off at least but hopefully there is almost no turn over and everyone pays without issues and nothing breaks down.

Next the "hourly" rate they will pay for the cleaning should be set in writing and how this will be credited to rent.

Also when you say it will be applied at end of month, you have to pay full rent up front at the first of the money, and then only at the end of the month will they give credit, that I guess will apply to the next month ?

But yes everything in writing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apt Manager Refuses to Provide Pest Control? [ 8 Answers ]

I've resided in my current apartment for almost four years without incident. Recently I've developed a pest problem (cockroaches) through no fault of my own. I keep a very clean home, don't allow trash to pile up, and store all my food properly. When I originally moved in our apartment was...

I am being asked to co-sign for an apt for my 21 yr old who has never rented before. [ 4 Answers ]

My 21 yr old daughter has asked me to co-sign for an apt for her to attend a trade school out of state. She has never rented before, and she doesn't have good credit. Her father has agreed to pay the rent (we're divorced). My husband is very gun shy about this issue. Any input would be helpful.

What does a building manager charge for a condo building per issue? [ 0 Answers ]

We would like to hire a building manager for our condo complex. We already have a property management company, but they only look after the financial budgeting. We need someone to attend to any problems with the building like noise complaints, landscaping on a per call basis or a regular fixed...

What does a building manager charge for on call serices for a condo building? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked by a property management company what I would charge to a condo board for on call resolve to building maintenance problems, noise complaints etc. They want to be charged per issue. Some things would require going on site to meet the trades and some issues could be resolved by...

We recently gutted a house and we hired a licensed plumber to [ 5 Answers ]

Install all new plumbing. Now when we turn the hot water on in the tub, it is only lukewarm . The rest of the house has hot water coming through. What could be causing this? The plumber says it could be "clogged up" from something coming in from the main water line? I have never heard of that....

View more questions Search