Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zarazara Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 02:19 PM
    My ex is taking me to court!
    My ex is taking me to court for contact. I told his solicitor he can see him under supervised supervision but he didn't agree as he wants our sin who is 1yrs old and my ex has not seen him fir 10months. He wants him every sat for four hrs which I think is absurd. As my child doesn't know his father he's a total stranger.

I'm wondering where do I stand? What will happen in the courts? How can I persuade the judge to let ex see son supervised in contact centre
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 26, 2011, 06:37 AM
    Do you have a lawyer yourself?

That you want supervised visits means there must be a history with this child's father, that leads you to think the child is unsafe with him, without supervision.

I have no idea why you are reluctant to allow visitation, but, this is a train you cannot stop unless you have very good reasons for not allowing your child's father to see his child, and that has to be ironed out, before visitation begins, between the lawyers.

You could negotiate many different things to secure your son's safety (if that's a problem), as well as a plan to gradually introduce your ex to your son. Perhaps your ex could visit his child in a neutral place, with you, for the first several visits for example. All of this has to be pre-arranged and agreed upon, whatever you decide.

But, unless you are properly representing your interests, and more importantly, your child's interests, you are leaving too much to chance.

I presume that you have established child support as well?
    Setitfree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 05:10 AM
    Will I get nOtice if my ex is taking me to court
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2011, 09:30 AM
    Yes, but if your "ex" cannot find you the Court COULD grant permission for you to be served by publication (the notice printed in a newspaper).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking a Contractor to court [ 6 Answers ]

I am considering taking a plumber that worked on our house to court and I am not sure if it is worth it or not. I would love some advice on whether I have a case or not and what the likelihood of my being reimbursed might be. Here is the case. 1. hired a plumber to install a piping for a...

Taking my landlord to court [ 3 Answers ]

Novi Michigan If I take my landlord to court and I loose will I have to pay his/her court costs

Creditors taking me to court [ 1 Answers ]

How do I stop a judgement on a bill that is way more than I charged.

Taking ex-landlord to court [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know Texas laws about air-conditioning? We moved into a rental house in July and found out the air conditioner didn't work. We informed the landlord in writing and verbally. Many people came out about the unit and said it needed to be replaced. In the mean time we bought a bunch of...

View more questions Search