Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnalexander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Selling Your House for a Loss
    What options are available if you had to take a loss when selling your house? What kind of loans can you get to pay the difference? Are there tax breaks?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2011, 02:46 PM
    If you have enough good credit, you may get a personal loan, but besides that, there is no loan to pay the difference,

If you can not just pay the difference, you can ask the bank to do a short sale, or basically forget the balance of the debt, Some banks will, others will not, it can take many months to get a decission from the bank

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling My House [ 6 Answers ]

I sold my house and the Real Estate Agent forwarded a copy of the Agreement of Purchase to my Lawyer. I received a letter from my Lawyer advising that in order for him to proceed with the transaction on my behalf, he requires : 1. A duplicate Registered copy of my Transfer/Deed he wants $850...

Selling house as-is [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to sell a single family house that is rented out and the rental lease expires in 3 months. The house has some issues and definitely needs some repair work. What are my obligations as a seller. Is it enough to just say : "selling house as-is", or do I have to actually disclose all the...

Options when selling house with net loss? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All - We just received an offer for our home which will result in a net loss of 40K out of our pockets. My husband and I are getting divorced, I want to move closer to my work, I can't afford the house much longer, and I just want out. Our neighbors who own the Same house turned down two...

Selling House [ 1 Answers ]

I am selling my house (by owner) -- looking for templates that I can use for flyers. Thanks

Selling our house [ 4 Answers ]

My husband filed ch. 13 in 2005 in Tennessee. He did not include our 1st and 2nd mortgages in his bankruptcy (we pay them outside of the plan). I did not file bankruptcy. We are both in title on the house and we are both on the 1st and 2nd mortgages. We now want to sell our house and I have been...

View more questions Search